Accomplished broadcast engineering specialist with over four years' experience as a control solutions engineer.
Required to learn and apply new skills quickly, manage people and projects, and respond positively to
pressure. Leading by example in gaining a broad range of capabilities and taking responsibility for projects
in multiple areas of the business leading to product sales and market share growing year on year. Roles
undertaken range from designing and building complex broadcast control systems to travelling globally and
independently as company representative, technical consultant and to provide in-depth broadcast control
training. As a department champion for quality project delivery, the requisite technical and personal skills
include key specialisms but also cover a broad scope of universally applicable attributes.
○␣ Mathematics: Advanced Mathematics for Engineering and the Environment, Mathamatics for Economists, Applied
Statistics and Econometrics
○␣ Software: Microsoft (Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint), Dante Certified (Levels 1,2 and 3), Dolby Atmos Live TV and
Production Trained, Wireshark, Python, Various CAD software experience
○␣ General: Customer Service, project management, training and teaching, knowledge of SDI and IP workflows, effective
personal relations, self motivation, office administration
○␣ Designing and commissioning broadcast control systems worldwide
- Responsibility for global control system commissioning projects.
- Managing large projects with high profile customers from planning through to completion.
- In-depth experience with a range of third party technologies, workflows, software and networks.
- Identifying customer problems and designing systems to resolve them and attract additional sales.
○␣ Managing technical support and maintenance
- Day-to-day support of the control, audio monitoring and power management product ranges.
- Providing effective solutions for customers within 'on air' time constraints.
- Leading weekly meetings with development to prioritise and expedite bug fixes.
- Using helpdesk software to monitor and improve support enquiry resolutions times.
- Regularly publishing online resources and FAQs to resolve common technical issues.
○␣ Creating a curriculum and teaching engineers and operators
- Running an interactive course in which participants build a functioning broadcast control system.
- Winning sales for the company and becoming a trusted adviser and first contact for many customers.
- Overcoming language barriers and migrating the course online for remote learning.
○␣ Planning, building and manning trade shows and exhibitions
- Coordinating with management teams to organise and build major exhibitions like NAB and IBC.
- Attending major and regional exhibitions as chief technical adviser for broadcast control systems.
- Maintaining long-term relationships with individuals and companies that generate continued sales.
- Organising logistics and to ensure all exhibitions are built on time and to the highest standard.