A dynamic, versatile, detail-orientated media technology professional with extensive international experience in Broadcasting and Channel Management and TX Operations, Media Marketing, Branding and Content Development, who is wholeheartedly committed to the pursuit of excellence in all endeavors.
Works collaboratively and effectively with internal departments to achieve goals and successfully manages projects, adeptly oversees operational functions, content and quality. A flexible, innovative problem-solver with exceptional technical proficiency who thrives under pressure, enjoys a challenge and adapts quickly to new tasks; is self-motivated, diligent and resourceful whether working independently or as part of a team.
A dedicated hands-on leader possessing outstanding interpersonal expertise and the ability to communicate confidently and articulately at all levels, with a consistent focus on inspiring, coaching and motivating others to achieve their full potential.
• Overall responsibility for the operational strategy of The Jerk Company across all aspects of the business, including branding, marketing, management and training, logistics and operations.
• Introduce a globally burgeoning cuisine into the South African food arena.
• Compile financial projections, budget control and business strategy.
• Create, develop and maintain a bespoke brand that resonates with food goers
• Manage PR and communications including press/radio/TV interviews and generating buzz, awareness
around the brand and online engagement.
• Develop marketing strategy for use on social platforms (Instagram, Facebook) and direct marketing
• Create and edit digital content, manage customer retention, social posts and ad spend.
• Identify new and interesting methods of encouraging engagement with local foodies at markets, events
and festivals. i.e. taste sampling, promotions etc.
• Manage website SEO, Google and Facebook Ads with particular attention to analytics and statistics to understand consumer behavior and content resonance.
• Develop a menu which resonates with different tastes across the region, while remaining true to the cuisine.
• Coach, manage and inspire a team of local chefs to produce authentic, quality, Caribbean cuisine.
• Optimize operational budget by managing supply chain, stock levels, stock costs and logistics, while
maintaining a high quality product.
• Identify new business opportunities and influencer partnerships, growing the business in line with the overall business strategy.
• Manage a daily operating café and catering kitchen with UberEats and Orderin operations, walk in customers and eat in services.
• Monitor provincial legislation and environmental health code to ensure compliance and good working
• Manage weekly market and festival operations including production, compliance, implementation and logistics.
• Develop relationships with event/festival organizers and corporate partners to extend brand reach,
awareness and engagement.
• Contribute significantly to the successful achievement of organisational objectives, through
development of all channel strategies for content and planning (macro), scheduling (micro) and on air.
promotion for MTV Base South Africa, MTV Base Rest of Africa (ROA) and MTV South Africa.
• Overseeing all daily operations related to channel programming and London based channel operations.
and daily scheduling and transmission broadcasting.
• Manage a team of 3 planners, a channel operations coordinator and 3 schedulers including recruitment, training and development.
• Develop strategies to optimize commercial opportunities with new programming, on air stunts, high-priority premieres and themed music blocks, working closely with Commercial and Sponsorship departments, using market research and TAMS ratings to guide decision making.
• Maximize channel awareness by working closely with the Digital and Marketing departments to coordinate programming stunt promotion with off-air events and activations and online engagement.
• Ensure all channel objectives are clearly communicated by liaising weekly with Music Programming, Talent and Music, Production, On Air and Digital teams.
• Leverage market research, online engagement reports, ratings data analysis from DStvi/TAMS, and internal strategy to develop competitive monthly channel content plans for MTV, MTV Base and Sub-Saharan terrestrial blocks.
• Conceptualize and develop fresh long and short form content in line with content strategy, working with Production, On Air, Digital and Sponsorship teams to bring to life.
• Conduct research focus groups to determine public opinion around key content to support
• Monitor channel performance through bouquet ratings analysis and competitor performance in corresponding time slots.
• Manage 4 terrestrial block partnerships across Sub Saharan Africa by maintaining two-way feedback with partners to assess needs and monitor content delivery and output.
• Coordinate international content delivery for local Nigerian based production team, compiling localized terrestrial block output.
• Manage all media planning of sponsorship campaigns incl. strategy, implementation and reporting.
• Provide direction to the Scheduling (micro) and On Air GFX teams on methodology including media planning, TX log timing, sponsorship objectives and reporting, commercial break structure and integration.
• Manage online content to ensure alignment on all platforms with editorial strategy.
• Engage with sponsorship clients to negotiate deals for show and competition prizes.
• Organize and develop programming and content for new MTV Base Africa channel
• Deliver annual content strategy, media planning strategy and monthly programming stunts, grids and highlights.
• Manage all TX producer elements including content delivery, quality assurance of local content,
coordination of live broadcasts
• Manage presentation TX scheduler to ensure accurate and timeous daily TX log delivery.
• Serve as final point-of-contact for the delivery of international/network material, including
reformatting onscreen GFX and re-editing and/or re-versioning material.
• Contact for TX escalation and general channel on air compliance, errors, and live broadcast.
• Write copy, source images and sample footage for use in press and internal documents and communications.
• Identify content for acquisition from international distributors, content from MTV International
inventory and submitted content from independent producers, to support channel brand and strategy.
• Be point of contact for all internal and external content stakeholders, incl. sponsorship clients, viewers,
record labels, etc.
• Stay informed of changes to OfCom and BCCSA regulations for channel content compliance. Organize
content reversions or edits where necessary.
Manage and monitor all programming (macro) schedules, reporting and stunts for Discovery Channel
and digital network channels Discovery Science, Travel and Living and Discovery Civilization
• Train newly-hired local Programming Manager on all aspects of schedule delivery and completion
• Manage all content planning for Discovery Channel (Africa) and digital network channels Discovery
Science (Middle East) and Discovery Civilization (Middle East).
• Use ratings, internal strategy and market knowledge to develop competitive monthly (macro)
• Worked closely with On Air team to announce channel highlights and develop on-air campaigns.
• Monitor and manage cultural sensitivity aspects of programming for Arabic region channels.
• Create daily TX log for Disney Channel and Toon Disney using weekly programme planning schedule.
• View and monitor Disney content using in house caching program to confirm content availability and quality.
Prepare and manage monthly (macro) schedule, including developing weekend programming stunts
and other special programming; manage London based team and report to the Paris office.
• Management and organization of MTV and International content re-versioning (localizing) into French
language working effectively within tight timeframes and resolving delivery challenges.
• Follow and adhere to UK OfCom regulatory guidelines for international channels.