A globally minded, experienced, creative and agile sports reporter with a successful track record of developing effective regional, national and international contacts to deliver high quality sports news and journalism.
Sustained by a lifelong passion across the broadest range of sports, I believe sports journalism should be a source of inspiration. Professionally my aim is to convey the passion, excitement and magnitude of live events - connecting with our audience, enriching their experience with passionate and entertaining coverage and insight.
KEY SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
• On-air reporting
• Editorial judgement
• High quality, professional journalism
• Multi-media content creation
• Contact and relationship management
• Adaptive communication skills
• Problem solving
• Collaborative working
• Working on location both in UK and internationally
• Positivity, tenacity and drive
• Inclusive and respectful
• Versatile and quick to learn
Short showreel available here.
Sports news reporter working across a wide range of sports including football, cricket, rugby union, rugby league and golf. Additionally, working for Sky Sports, covering the NFL, both in the UK and the USA - including on location Super Bowl coverage since 2014. Key responsibilities include:
• Taking part in daily content meetings, pitching ideas for stories and discussing how to best develop stories on air
• Working with colleagues across departments and regions to effectively newsgather and get stories to air
• Working to deadlines, particularly when travelling across regions or internationally to cover live events as they happen and gain on the ground interviews
• Live, in front of camera analysis and reaction to breaking stories
• Providing pieces to camera and written content for online and digital platforms
• Evaluating and following up on potential newslines and interviews to develop stories
• Utilizing emerging technologies and software such as vMix in order to broadcast remotely during the pandemic.
Freeland journalist covering a broad range of sport across the region for a variety of media outlets primarily Sky Sports News.
Freelance reporter covering a wide range of sports for a variety of media outlets including Radio Aire, Talksport, RTE and IRN.
Covering a wide range of sports across Yorkshire, Leeds United correspondent and commentator for Sheffield United's play-off final in 2003.