My forte is to understand the complex tactical and strategic aspects of an IT programme, acting as a bridge between IT and the business stakeholders, analysing, defining and refining business processes, needs and priorities and ensuring that solution expectations are met, if not exceeded. I have the breadth and depth of experience to see the big picture of IT and to drill down to the details when required. I thrive on difficult challenges.
My career has comprised business analysis, project and programme leadership, department head and consulting roles. In all cases where I have held delivery responsibility I have consistently done so on time, within budget and to very high levels of stakeholder satisfaction. To do this I believe I have developed key competences in identifying business requirements; by engaging with and influencing business stakeholders at all levels of seniority, with demonstrable analytical skills, programme/project management and governance, commercial astuteness, relationship management and vendor management expertise, both onshore and offshore.
Adaptable and reliable, I am experienced and comfortable in both management and non-management roles.
• Business process analysis, use case and workflow definition for as-is and to-be systems
• Analysis and design of bespoke system changes for international roll-out of a sales system
• Definition and implementation of test/UAT/Acceptance/RAID processes
• Successful implementation and support of sales system in Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway
• Analysis and prioritisation of business requirements for a technology and process change management/Transformation program to meet strategic goals.
• Automation of revised processes using Jira, Azure and Salesforce.
*** Project and role cancelled due to the impact of COVID-19 on the Travel industry ***
(14 contract renewals)
• Consulting role in the development, implementation, testing, UAT and support across EMEA of TV advertising sales systems for Disney's channel operations, including Denmark, Norway, Sweden, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, South Africa, and Portugal. Utilising Waterfall, PRINCE2 and Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban), UML, Sharepoint, Confluence, Jira, MS Project.
• Assisting the development and execution of an EMEA Digital Strategy for TV advertising channel management. Requirements capture, solution specification and design, development, integration, testing, deployment and support of applications and the change management required to standardise business processes and systems, within the constraints of regional technology, market and regulatory differences.
• Leading the system design and build of programmatic automation of TV ad campaign planning and client system integration - an overnight campaign auto-slotting facility fully integrated to agency media-buying systems for the Nordics, UK, France and Spain.
• Ground-breaking integration of linear and non-linear advertising by planning complimentary pre-roll and mid-roll AVOD commercials into streaming content.
• Leading a BI system delivery to analyse advertising revenues and senior management decisions.
• Mentoring support staff in new releases and new installations, gaining user feedback.
• Developing and delivering Training Workshops and group/1-2-1 courses.
• An IT career sabbatical to relocate home and launch a family property franchise business for my daughter.
• Studied and attained a BTEC qualification in property management to ensure legal compliance.
• Managing the IT programmes and projects supporting the multi-national operation of the UK's largest ferry business, using a range of SDLC methodologies and tools including PRINCE2, and Agile techniques. 180 successful projects in 2011, mostly e-commerce, retail, procurement, BI and supply chain.
• Managing/mentoring project managers, business analysts, consultants and software testers to continuously improve processes and performance to optimise the value gained from IT investments.
• Building and maintaining relationships with business stakeholders at all levels to understand and empathise with business pressures and priorities, communicating IT plans and performance at Board level.
• Consulting, negotiating and prioritising with stakeholders to ensure that solution requirements are accurately captured, refined, justified, prioritised, estimated and delivered on schedule and within budget.
• Overseeing the delivery and UAT of systems for B2C and B2B ecommerce, ticketing, fraud prevention, inventory, retail, fuel procurement, EPOS, supply chain, logistics, ANPR, Oracle e-business ERP, web analytics, BI, billing, revenue and yield management and CRM with salesforce.com.
• Leading and mentoring a team of business analysts and consultants to capture, define and prototype the requirements for a £15m B2E application developed in Sri Lanka and India, using UML to define a To-Be business process model, while progressing BAU projects required in the interim.
• Creating a technology-led business transformation strategy and five-year plan to improve process efficiency.
• Managing the e-Commerce programme to deliver booking web sites that increased online sales from 25% to 60%.
• Managing the Quality Assurance, Testing and UAT teams to ensure that delivered software met agreed functional and non-functional requirements, using HP Quality Centre and the DynaTrace performance evaluation tool.
• IPTV Project Manager for BT preparing for the launch of the BT Vision IPTV SVOD streaming TV service.
• Project Manager for Irdeto Access, a TV Broadcasting Systems Company in Amsterdam, supporting IPTV, Terrestrial and Cable Digital TV clients in the USA, Russia and the Philippines.
• Project manager in the Public Sector for Philips Business Communications, deploying digital radio and CRM systems on behalf of police constabularies and fire brigades throughout the UK.
• Business Analyst for Access-to-audience a start-up red-button TV services business.
• Programme manager for start-up dotcom Kidzango in the Leisure industry.
• Managing the £30m technology programme for the provision of an e-procurement supply chain service incorporating discounted utilities and digital services to the retail hospitality sector.
• Building systems to support up to 15,000 installations as well as researching and developing new digital services.
• Negotiating and monitoring Service Level Agreements and ensuring the provision of high-quality web-based services and technical support to customers.
• Recruiting and managing 25 staff and overseeing a large team of third party and offshore application developers.
• Personally responsible for turning around a failing Oracle ERP implementation by introducing PRINCE2 processes and procedures resulting in £250,000 cost savings.
• Managing the rollout of ADSL Broadband, PCs, printers, Clarity EPOS retail system; across 600 UK sites and the provision of technical training and support.
• CTO (and programme manager) for start-up Digital TV business funded by Granada Television.
• Establishing a viable technology strategy to provide a scalable consumer Web infrastructure.
• Managing a programme of projects in the UK, USA and Asia for the proposed launch of an Internet on TV, SVOD Digital services and TVOD or AVOD propositions. Fully accountable for product delivery.
• Projects included a portal development in London, set top box (STB) manufacture in Singapore, embedded browser development in California, bespoke E-CRM system in North Carolina, integration and scalability testing in Boston and retail product distribution in the UK.
• Providing business and technical consulting services to media and communications clients throughout EMEA including advising on infrastructure projects, business transformation, change management and business process design, customer care and billing, market positioning, convergence issues, digital asset management, IT and web strategy development.
• Completing a web scalability review for a European public TV and radio broadcaster and developing a digital TV launch strategy for a UK and European broadcaster.
• Creating and implementing a web and interactive TV strategy for a European publisher and conducting a US market positioning study for a European broadcast technology company.
• Managing the IT, operational systems and infrastructure requirements to enable the company to offer the UK's first interactive (T-commerce) digital TV services.
• Leading a team of IT staff and Consultants from Andersen, Cap Gemini and Oracle, managing supplier relationships and controlling the budget.
• Defining project controls and policies and selecting the most suitable business system packages as well as being responsible for the outsourced customer call centre and facilities management.
• Playing a pivotal role in developing and supporting TV advertising solutions including Landmark and Darts.
• Fully accountable for the operation of core systems supporting all areas of the business and fulfilling the urgent requirement to replace business systems within the previously under-resourced department.
• Adopting a RAD DSDM approach to manage multiple systems development projects including introducing a data warehouse and decision support strategy, airtime sales and transmission scheduling, pay-per-view billing, music rights, studio management, news feeds and cable sell-on systems.
• Completing a strategic review of systems and business processes to enable the effective handling of extensive subscriber and channel business growth, to ensure Y2K preparedness and to scale for the launch of digital TV.
• Managing the business transformation project to smoothly switch from analogue broadcasting to digital with the necessary replacement of business systems and processes.
• Actively involved in the start-up of the major new broadcasting company with specific responsibility for selecting, implementing, integrating and supporting core business systems from initial requirements analysis through to completion on time for the start of broadcasts. Systems included channel management (advertising, promotions and programmes scheduling), studio management, financial and BI data management.
• Working closely with senior management to define system strategy and develop key systems including airtime sales, transmission scheduling and billing systems.
Leading the requirements capture, design, development, testing and support of a class-leading advertising sales system. The application (SAMS) was implemented on-time and within budget and was subsequently sold to Channel 4 and used for a further ten years.