Passionate senior creative broadcast media professional with extensive experience in commercial exploitation of on-air brand IP, original content development, programme investment and production, local TV format sales and development, global brand management and 5 year strategic planning, B2C and B2B marketing and audiences, digital and social media management and digital content innovation.
Further experience with high profile on-air talent management and negotiation, gaming development, print and digital publishing, sponsorship and advertising sales, global franchise brand licensing, launch and operation of B2C live events, joint promotions and partnership origination and marketing, contract negotiation, relationship building at the highest level, excellent presentation skills, budget management across multiple businesses and reporting at Board level.
Responsible for the day-to-day commercial exploitation and brand management of the Top Gear franchise across multiple business areas including TV Distribution, Formats, Content commissioning, Live Events, Licensing, Partnerships/Joint promotions for Marketing & Digital Media, Publishing:
• Work alongside regional TV Sales teams to act as the brand expert on all elements of Top Gear in meetings, presentations and at conferences to TV buyers and marketing teams from international 3rd party broadcast channels and distribution platforms.
• Top Gear brand representative for local format development, production and marketing with experience in USA, France, South Korea, Nordics & Australia.
• Conceived and commissioned spin-off Top Gear TV series for international markets, recruiting high-profile presenting talent and experienced production teams to deliver significant financial returns to the business and extend the reach of the Top Gear brand to new audiences.
• Top Gear Live arena tour Top Gear/BBC brand representative and presenting talent liaison in Australia, South Africa, Barbados (yes, really ), Norway, Sweden, Poland and more.
• Licensed the Top Gear brand, talent and characters for high-profile global gaming product launches with Microsoft XBOX/Forza Motorsport which delivered significant financial return and audience reach.
• Produced a global product license for LEGO Technic, not only helping create the product but also creating content in Billund, Denmark for a bespoke digital media campaign to support the launch.
• Created joint promotions and partnerships with Disney Pixar and LEGO, Sure for Men/Rexona, Mitsubishi Motors & Animal apparel, Jacobs Twiglets and Wagon Wheels.
• Conceived and produced a variety of video and animation marketing materials for TV series launches to engage audiences across multiple distribution platforms.
• Developed 360 VR stunt films for a Google Daydream commission for YouTube.
• Licensed and published multiple titles in Books, Magazines and Web, in-house or with 3rd party licensees.
• Worked with Deloitte to create a 5 Year Brand Strategy at a crucial time in Top Gear's evolution after the departure of its lead hosts.
• Managed the end-to-end P&L for the Top Gear franchise and reported at the highest level on financial performance across multiple business areas.
• Managed relationships and influenced key stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally.
• Conceived and launched Match of the Day magazine into the UK magazine market for 8-14's, managing teams across editorial, advertising, marketing and distribution.
• Publisher of Top of the Pops Magazine
• Development Publisher for Masterchef, Doctor Who & Deadly 60 brands
Creative advertising sales for Top Gear & Tomorrow World magazines