I manage outside broadcasts at all stages from inception to delivery. I
enjoy working closely with production stakeholders to realise their goals in
a professional, efficient and resilient way.
This involves designing, building, operating and maintaining production
facilities worldwide to the highest technical standards.
Projects are always planned to remain within budget scope.
These can vary from music concerts to agile breaking news deployments.
I am currently an Outside Broadcast Manager for the BBC with 19 years
experience in critical broadcast roles.
My work includes Multi-camera studio/gallery design and operation,
satellite/IP/RF broadcast paths, Network design and connectivity, Editing
system and workflow design, I am also a CAA approved PfCO drone pilot
Recent Events • Vision EM for Coldplay and Duran Duran for Radio 2 In Concert series
live to Iplayer and Radio
• OB Manager (vision) for 2021 Booker Prize from BBC's Radio Theatre
live to TV, Radio and Iplayer
• OB Manager (vision) for 1Xtra recordings including Ghetts and Skepta
• OB Manager (vision) for Radio 1's piano sessions
• OB Manager (vision) for Radio1's Big Weekend recordings featuring Wolf
Alice, London Grammar, Mabel, Anne-Marie
• EM for live IP video link interview between Sir Elton John and Jools
Holland for 'Later'
• OB Manager for Radio 4's Today Programme series on climate change
• live daily from the Arctic - included shooting and editing TV and digital
• OB Manager for Arts Hour on Tour 'Cuban Jazz special in Maimi
• OB manager for Sport Relief's 'Tour De Trophy' where Rugby star Garath
Thomas cycled a 'quattrocycle from Cardiff to Aberdeen. The event was
live streamed via an 'on-bike' gallery remote controlled over a 5Ghz link
from another vehicle. I also managed and post produced the 360