A strong, effective and a result-oriented professional, with over thirty years of experience in technology sectors. Delivering high-level, large-scale projects. Leading and managing teams and functions, transforming the way people work. Strong industry knowledge with engineering, cloud technology, IT service delivery and operational expertise to lead daily operations.
Building systems that integrate with a multitude of technologies and software vendors creating an ecosystem that is fit for purpose but is also scalable and agile to adapt to changing requirements and future proofing where possible.
A wealth of experience of working with people from different walks of life, reflects my ability to foster cultural and transformational change management among globally dispersed operations and technology teams.
Extensive experience leading large multidiscipline teams across the globe and managed multiple large complex projects from conception through to delivery in diverse global environments.
Selected Key Achievements
Planning and Delivering Vision and Strategy
• Implemented innovative project to enable a full remote production, the ability to control a conventional gallery by remote and to evolve to a full cloud base production gallery using Sienna and AWS micro service. This would address a multitude of production scenarios and reduce costs significantly
• Setup an innovation and R&D team to explore and productize voice activate routing controls using AI via Microsoft Azure. Also set objective to deliver a drone to deliver DTL (live piece to camera) without a journalist requiring a cameraman. Using facial recognition and remote feature from HQ.
• Unifying and streamlined workflows by refreshing technology to employ the lasted VM ware software, thus reducing hardware, improve scalability and allow a more flexible and scalable new production system to save over $2 million
• Enhanced effectiveness by centralizing technical and operations, resulting in a reduction of headcount allowing flexible ways of working, enabling the company TRT (Turkish Radio and Television) to have 2 separate channels without doubling staff.
Creative Leadership through Crisis and Change
• The launch of Al Jazeera America was ground-breaking as the first Middle East international broadcaster to enter this market. I was tasked with setting the wheels in motion to ensure the creation of a 24/7 News channel with multiple sites across the US within a strict budget and a 4-month schedule
• Within this timeframe, I secured permissions, finalized sites, and lead the team including negotiating and strategizing. Led a team of SME's to design and build the technical infrastructure and corporate networks, creating an effective team and playing diplomat to successfully resolve complex issues in order to deliver the strategic objective.
Aligning Projects to Strategic Goals
• Setting up Al Jazeera's International Operations Division (IOD), a hugely successful global operating model with considerable challenges. This included creating technology solutions and implementing new staffing structures, processes, procedures, and workflows.
• The project required a refresh to fit out over 70 international sites and 3 major broadcast centers (KL, London and DC). In this role, I also headed the operational management of multiple international 24/7 news channels.