I am an accredited senior multimedia journalist with both an NCTJ NCE qualification and Trinity Mirror Certificate in Journalism. I have more than a decade of experience working in media and a successful record of securing national coverage. I am passionate about telling real life stories and remain eternally curious, I enjoy delving into subjects to understand the development of both the natural world and society. I would like the opportunity to use my knowledge and skills to move forward in the field of factual production to develop great stories, which intrigue the public and spark debate.
• Led creative storytelling workshops for young people covering tools and techniques across poetry, video, photography,
graphic design, songwriting and animation.
• Prepared groups of young people ahead of their visits with community partners in terms of information gathering and interview techniques.
• Led business and marketing workshops covering core values, mission statements, key aims, idea development, audience
profiling and pitching.
• DRAG IS BURNING (SEP 2019 - OCT 2019) - ASSISTANT DIRECTOR / PRODUCER
Drag is Burning shines a light on the current drag scene in Barcelona showing how this movement has developed since Paris is Burning. Winner of the popular choice award at ARTMOV festival November 2019.
• SIGO JUGANDO (SEP 2019 - OCT 2019) - ASSISTANT DIRECTOR / PRODUCER
Sigo Jugando focuses on a wheelchair hockey team in Barcelona as seen through the eyes of one of the players.
• CAOS Y PAZ (SEP 2019 - OCT 2019) - ASSISTANT DIRECTOR / PRODUCER
Caos y Paz tells the personal journey of a migrant from Ghana who has spent a third of his life in prison. He begins the journey to rehabilitation after discovering art therapy while in prison and now volunteers his skills to help others.
• Joined the media and campaigns team during the COVID pandemic to offer additional support
• Provided responses to regional and national media enquiries and updated ongoing investigations
• Provided guidance on spokesperson interviews and op-ed opportunities
• Worked with scientists and HSE inspectors to produce press releases regarding significant events and enforcement action.
• Joined the Healing Little Hearts Team at their camp at Prathima Hospital in Karimnagar, India to document their work to provide free heart surgery to children
• Secured radio interviews for the lead cardiac surgeon and founder of the charity prior to camp, as well as print features.
• Coordinated social media from the camp and produced a collection of photos to be used by the charity as stock images; as
well as video clips
•Oversaw filming on site by external agencies, national and regional broadcasters including WellChild, CBeebies and CBBC
Live, The One Show, Newsround, BBC2 Hospital and Granada Reports.
• Managed the BBC 5Live breakfast show from the hospital in connection with 24 hours in the NHS campaign
• Set up filming of patient journeys in connection with developments in technology by The Innovation Hub
• Worked with staff to develop a media and marketing strategy for the launch of the International Child Health (ICH)
• Created storyboards and oversaw video editing for press packages
• Translated academic research for media publication, developed a staff expertise database and sourced appropriate media
• Produced media tool kits for press and coached staff ahead of press interviews, provided briefings regarding the current
social and political landscapes; and media agenda
• Organised media training for staff, provided guidance for lobbying government and using research to influence policy change
• Managed photography and filming to support news content and produced content for branded corporate publications
• Co-ordinated the production of content for website publication, press releases, internal reports, booklets, leaflets and posters.
• Part of the policy advisory team who provided guidance to senior managers on topics of conversation, key messaging,
relationship development and campaign work.
• Managed social media channels, monitored trends and analysed performance.
• Developed a guest blogging strategy, which involved a roll out and development process, producing guidelines, templates
and editing copy.
•Worked with young volunteers to produce blog templates and provide guidance to help them develop blogs, which conveyed Raleigh's aims of promoting sustainable development and young people as advocates for change. The blogs focused on projects to fulfil the UN global goals, with specific areas of interest including access to safe water and sanitation, community
resilience, managing and protecting natural resources; and developing youth leadership
• Worked on logistics and resource management plans, led active citizenship training sessions and edited expedition reports.
• Designated driver for project support visits and medical evacuations at various locations across Costa Rica and Nicaragua
after completing off-road driver training.
• Responsible for producing content for publication online and in print - covering court cases, council meetings, police
operations, inquests and human-interest stories.
• Carried out multiple investigations by gathering information and pursuing stories through a variety of sources including local
contacts, official offices, public documents and FOI requests.
• Accompanied police officers on warrants, response and during Greater Manchester wide operations gaining first-hand
experience of how the force operates on a daily basis.
• Covered the 2015 general election, which included live tweeting and a rolling news feed.
• Produced photographs and video to accompany news stories; and managed social media accounts
• Managed live blogs both from the office and while out in the field.
• KEN DODD LEGACY FILM *WORKING TITLE* (SEP 2020 - NOV 2020) - SOCIAL MEDIA PRODUCER / DOCUMENTARY RESEARCHER