SailGP is racing redefined. The world’s most exciting racing on-water, SailGP was established in 2018 and is headquartered in London and New York. The annual, global championship Races for the Future accelerating change in everything it does.
The fan-centric, inshore racing takes place among the sport’s top athletes in some of the most iconic harbors around the world and offers the sport’s largest monetary prize of $1 million. Rival national teams battle it out in identical supercharged F50 catamarans, engineered for intense racing at electrifying speeds exceeding 60 mph/100 kph.
In 2020, SailGP set a new standard as the first climate positive sports and entertainment property and began delivering actions and innovations that advance the global adoption of clean energy. Underpinning the organization’s purpose-driven agenda is a diversification of the league, with the goal of immediately progressing gender and racial equity and inclusivity.
SailGP is a global organization with defined values that shape the culture of its diverse team: deliver quality, break boundaries, make an impact, stand together and strike a balance.
SailGP is looking for an experienced individual to lead SailGP Productions, and deliver best in class live and non-live products. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategy for the delivery of global broadcast coverage rights and will have overall responsibility for SailGP live broadcast production, host broadcast feed and non-live content creation. Working across the SailGP organisation and with external providers this role will require someone with significant experience of operating in a similar role, and will have demonstrable experience of developing and delivering an overarching content strategy for live and non-live which has delivered audience growth.
- Inspire, lead and support the SailGP Productions workforce to deliver best in class live and non-live products whilst living by SailGP Values.
- Develop and implement a strategy for the delivery of global broadcast coverage rights across all distribution channels and territories with a focus on establishing and developing a fan base in key markets and beyond
- Responsible for the overall delivery of the SailGP live broadcast production, host broadcast feed, and non-live content creation, to deliver a global product that satisfies the overall objectives of SailGP from a commercial, purpose and long-term business strategy perspective.
- Direct and support Head of Content in defining and executing an overarching SailGP content plan, taking into consideration both digital and broadcast requirements.
- Co-ordinate post-event feedback from SailGP broadcast partners in order to continually improve the Broadcast and tailor to needs of Broadcasters
- Day to day management of SailGP external production companies (if required) and suppliers which contribute to the host broadcast feed
- Work closely with the SailGP Chief Marketing and Communications Officer to ensure brand values are incorporated and enhanced through all content.
- Review best practice and benchmark SailGP Productions against other sport industry and major corporations and implement new strategies as required to keep ahead of the curve.
- Explore progressive ways to build fan engagement through content creation and distribution to connect with new audiences
- SailGP Productions budget and personnel management
- Reporting to Russell Coutts, CEO.
- Experience of developing and delivering content and broadcast strategies across a variety of distribution channels and territories
- Significant experience leading live broadcast production teams within the sports industry
- Demonstrable experience of creating engaging non-live content which has resulted in audience growth
- Proven experience of developing and building effective relationships with external production companies and suppliers in order to deliver a first class host broadcast feed
- Strong and demonstrable project management capabilities
- Experience collaborating and building internal relationships with cross-functional teams to work with the business and understand business priorities and needs
- Solid level of commercial acumen
- Ability to operate both independently and in a collaborative, team environment
- Entrepreneurial and passionate with a desire to exceed expectations
- Superior organization, prioritization and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Self-starter, action-oriented, resourceful; can take a project or program from start to completion
- Culturally sensitive and able to effectively work globally
SailGP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion.