Thriving UK Voice, Language & Sound Agency seeks experienced sound engineer. You will be given the opportunity to work with brilliant people in a wonderful company that is constantly evolving which will offer opportunities for career growth in the industry. Working closely with the Company Directors and Agency Managers, you will help us keep the business and London studios running smoothly and efficiently while delivering high quality audio to our clients.
The Company - The Voiceover Gallery is based in both London and Manchester. The teams have backgrounds in television, radio, translation & digital media.
Our Company Values - We value vibrance and authenticity and encourage our team to enjoy themselves at work whilst working hard. We ask everyone to pull together as a team, come up with fresh, great ideas and adapt to change in order to grow with the business for the future.
The Job - The main purpose of this role is to oversee all TVG studios, staff engineers and freelancers as well as doing the day-to-day sound engineering for on-going productions. Other areas of the role include editing, broadcast mixing and sound design. You will ensure the high quality standards of audio across all in-house and outsourced projects are met.
The Person - We’re looking for a seasoned and enthusiastic team player who can juggle numerous projects, manage clients and direct voices with confidence. This is not suitable for anyone with a music engineer background so you would need to demonstrate experience in the voice over or short form recording industry.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure all studios are operative with current software and relevant plug ins - studio and machine room maintenance, data management, software updates and backups.
- Manage & source engineers as appropriate for the smooth running of the studios
- Record English and Foreign voice overs in client attended sessions (including use of Source Connect and Teams/Zoom/Skype ec)t for broadcast media, corporate videos, games, apps, promos and e-learning courses.
- Direct voices in non-attended sessions.
- Edit and mix audio to comply with client specific delivery requirements.
- Liaise with agents, clients and voice talent to effectively plan projects:
- advise on required media assets and deliverables
- estimate turnaround times
- advise on job-specific workflows.
- Compile voice reels and update website database.
- Studio and machine room maintenance, data management, software updates and backups.
- Prepare sessions, take care of client hospitality where required and ensure the smooth running of recordings.
- Link with our London studio to record via SourceConnect
- Ensure high standards are met and QC’d, fit for purpose audio is delivered
Education and Experience
- Long term and extensive knowledge and experience of Pro Tools (macOS). This will be tested.
- Broadcast mixing experience to new loudness standards – R128, ITU etc.
- Referenced experience in a commercial audio production facility.
- Deep understanding of VO restoration tools – eg Izotope RX.
- An understanding of broadcast spec, R128 and International equivalents etc, and a proven ability to mix commercials from OMF to R128 - this will be tested.
- A strong understanding of VOIP comms tools, specifically Source Connect, Source Nexus, Source Connect Now, Teams, Zoom, iPDTL, and Cleanfeed.
- A deep understanding of the Pro Tools IO, creating templates for a wide arrange of situations.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and balance back to back sessions.
- Fabulous working under pressure, committed to finishing to agreed deadlines.
- Confident communicator – both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Confident communicator
- Good planning and organising skills
- Friendly, sincere & professional
- Passion for the media
- Proactive approach to work
- Team player
- Inclusive personality able to develop positive working relationships
- Persistent – Does not give up easily
- Action-oriented – less talk, more action