Have you ever worked in an industry you care about? I mean, an industry you’re truly passionate about. To the point where you wake in the morning and actually want to go to work? This can be a major challenge to find, but if you’re interested in sport and technology, we could have a great option for you.
DAZN (pronounced Da-Zone) is fast becoming one of the most well-known sports streaming platforms across the world. We have won some major contracts across all kinds of sport, including Matchroom Boxing, Serie A in Italy and extending the Bundesliga to name a few. We’re making sport more accessible globally by partnering with some of the most well-known social media companies. With Youtube we’re streaming the Women’s Champions League for free, and launching new boxing shows with Snapchat.
Pretty cool right?
To help us with this growth we’re looking for an experience MCR Operator to join us in one of our hubs in Bangor. The role is challenging and rewarding. You’ll work with a great team that’s already in place to ensure our live operations are running smoothly. The role is truly important and valued by everyone in the company. You’ll get the opportunity to use your existing experience whilst learning new skills around this. You’ll get to work on some of the most exciting sporting events across the globe – meaning that this will be a shift based position.
AS OUR NEW MCR OPERATOR, YOU’LL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Downlink of satellite / RF content across both local and remote ingest hubs
- Management of IP contribution circuits
- Complete routing and switching of events based on internal booking system
- Providing first line support for any issues that arise, following up with Suppliers to establish a RC
- Provide training and mentorship to junior team members
- Be a key point in the MCR for the testing and sign off of IP & RF sources
YOU’LL BE SET UP FOR SUCCESS IF YOU HAVE:
- Previous experience working in a Broadcast MCR
- Ability to work as a member of a close-knit team.
- Knowledge of satellite delivery, decrypting and decoding
- Experience in use of broadcast equipment such as SA, IRDs, AV / RF routers etc
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
- Speaking a second language is advantageous.
- Generous bonus scheme, single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
HERE'S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.