What a great time to join to DAZN. We are growing exponentially after acquiring the broadcasts rights to the Serie A in Italy!
Live and breathe sport? Transmission experience in live sports broadcasting? Ready to ‘grand slam’ your way into a brand new role with one of the fastest growing sports broadcasters in the world?
As our Transmission Controller, your responsibility will include broadcasting various live sports events to our Spanish and Italian linear channels and unique OTT product. Our linear and OTT channels transmit globally to our various territories and you’ll take ownership for managing these communications as well as communications between our global production facilities.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where no two days are the same. We thrive on the excitement of transmitting seamless sporting events to our subscribers around the world. We are proud of our vibrant Bangor team at the helm of the broadcast arm of the business. So, if you’re also a bit of a chameleon who enjoys adapting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
Due to our live sports schedule, this is a shift based role so working hours are very flexible including nights, weekends, national and public holidays. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
AS OUR NEW TRANSMISSION CONTROLLER, YOU’LL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Executing scheduled live events to ensure exact content is broadcast at the correct time
- Monitoring and quality control of all signals in and out of transmission
- Loading, preparation and transmission of daily playout schedules
- Ensuring all scheduled media is available for playout each day and communication with the relevant channels if anything is missing/incorrect (e.g. graphics or production)
- Providing support of all Transmission services and equipment
- Pre-empting all possible faults and a resolution plan ready to minimise ‘on-air’ impact
YOU’LL BE SET UP FOR SUCCESS IF YOU HAVE:
- Solid experience working in transmission with knowledge of file based media preparation
- Experience working in a live sports environment
- Operational and technical experience with broadcast automation systems
- A good understanding of IP and linear protocols. Familiar with the technologies and processes of delivering IP content
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
- Familiarity with file delivery workflows
- Awareness of broadcast rules and regulations and compliance requirements
- Experience with the Morpheus automation system, UX or the hard client
- Languages – Spanish, Italian
- Experience working in a global organisation
HERE'S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.