About this Role
Timeline TV is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Technical Operator to work at the BT Sport broadcast facility and BT Studios in Stratford, East London. In this role you will set up and operate a range of technical equipment, and will support ‘live’ television production in a busy studio environment.
You will use your understanding of studio equipment and technology to help production teams to achieve their goals during live and pre-recorded studio production:
- You will rig and operate a range of technical equipment in our production galleries, and on the studio floor, including vision mixers, video display systems, EVS Video Replay, cameras, monitors etc.
- Prepare studio graphics for video display systems, operate screen displays from the gallery during live and pre-recorded production
- Work with freelance camera crews to set-up studio cameras for each production, support the studio AR system and operate cameras as required
- Work closely with a team of Technical Managers and the Timeline Engineering team to deliver the best technical and creative outcome possible
- Ensure that any technical issues across our three studios are addressed quickly, or escalated to the appropriate engineering support teams to resolve
- Understand and comply with the prevailing H&S policies at the BT Sport Studios
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, freelance craft specialists and production clients (BT Sport, Sunset & Vine, North One, ITV etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Education to Degree/BTEC level (or equivalent) in television production/operations, or relevant experience in a similar role
- An understanding of broadcast systems, equipment and technology including cameras, vision, graphics and file-based media workflows
- Able to demonstrate practical skills, an aptitude for operating technical equipment, and experience as a multi-skilled operator in a similar broadcast environment
- A good communicator who is able to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from production staff and clients, and to remain calm under pressure
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated; able to prioritize a workload and to meet deadlines both individually, and as part of a team
- Previous experience in an operational role using any of the following systems and equipment will be highly regarded: Sony studio cameras, vision mixers, Spyder video display, video graphics, AR/VR systems, EVS video replay
- Knowledge of safe work methods and health and safety legislation as it applies in a broadcast studio environment
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance
Please note that this is a shift-based role (8/14) that involves weekend working.
The closing date for applications is Monday 11 October, however, this post will close before the intended closing date should a sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering or technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.