Evolutions are looking for experienced, technically excellent, finishing & mastering operators to join the London-based online support team.
Evolutions provides full post production facilities to a range of high-profile production companies, delivering prime time content to UK and international broadcasters. The finishing & mastering team provides direct support and assistance to the creative department, specialising in Avid Symphony online, Baselight colour grading, and Protools sound mixing.
As a finishing & mastering op, you would be involved in our high-end workflows, working alongside our technical supervisors, delivering solutions for our clients from shoot right through to the creation of deliverables for major broadcasters. Avid conforms & pregrades, QCs, and standards conversions are staples of the role. There are also opportunities to lead on projects, devise workflows, and be involved with the output from our finishing suites.
The right candidate will have at least 3 years experience in a UK broadcast post production technical team, would be expected to possess a deep foundation in post production technical standards, and prove a working experience of specific broadcast delivery workflows and equipment. A background supporting Avid software is preferable, previous experience within a similar role is helpful, and a knowledge of HDR colour pipelines and delivery is desirable.
Evolutions’ finishing & mastering ops are supported by a core team of technical operators steeped in post production technical support and broadcast delivery, and have the benefit of structured on-the-job training.
The role suits career technical operators, UK broadcast delivery specialists, and ops looking to gain experience in creative support and assistance, before moving into an online creative role.
Upon reflection of the main responsibilities and key skill requirements, if you feel you have the experience and expertise for a role with Evolutions operations department, please submit your CV and a short covering letter outlining your credentials.
- Mastering content for delivery to UK and international broadcasters
- In-depth knowledge of broadcast technical specifications, particularly DPP
- Baselight colour grade - creative & technical support
- Avid pregrade - preparing online sequences for export to Baselight grade
- Avid conforms - preparing sequences with broadcast-standard media content
- QC content according to UK and international broadcast-standard specifications
- Preparation of projects for Online, Grade, & Audio creative departments
- Ensure that suites and facilities are maintained to the highest standard, and prepared for purpose
- Management of exports and transfers to and from from editing platforms in readiness for the next stages of the creative workflows
- Develop communication and provide on-the-spot assistance to the in-house creative team
- Form strong client-support relationships to help deliver a consistent high level of service
- Resolve day-to-day support issues and implement actions to ensure the smooth running of projects through the department
- Work closely with other in-house departments to share information and ensure the efficient running of equipment, workflows and schedules
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a strong grasp of in-house operations workflows is essential for occasional deployment on Evolutions’ location rigs
- An advanced understanding of television production and post-production workflow, particularly advanced finishing, mastering & delivery workflows
- A proven ability to comprehend and navigate complex production and post production workflows
- Significant working experience with Avid Media Composer
- A strong understanding of codecs, rasters, file formats and colour pipelines
- A keen interest in HDR, 4K and IMF workflows
- Experience with DPP QC and Delivery to the major UK Broadcasters
- A diligent, organised-but-flexible approach to work is essential to comply with strict technical requirements and fluctuating deadlines
- An ability to identify, prioritise and problem solve independently, while maintaining the integrity of a larger framework
- Professional and courteous communication skills, as the role requires frequent close correspondence with colleagues in-house and a wide network of clients
- Adaptable to supporting both onsite and remote working solutions
- Analytical, with the ability to review situations and formulate pragmatic and sensible solutions to a variety of issues
- Effective project management skills are essential
- Flexibility around hours and shifting, given the wider industry’s tendency to push the boundaries of deadlines
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Commonly Used Software:
- Avid Media Composer
- Filmlight Baselight
- Davinci Resolve
- MTI Cortex
- VT Equipment