Evolutions are looking for ambitious, technically-minded edit & media support operators to join the London-based offline support team.
Evolutions provides full post production facilities to a range of high-profile production companies, delivering prime time content to UK and international broadcasters. The edit & media support team is an ever-evolving hub of hard work and technical creativity; breeding and recruiting flexible, challenged technical operators. The edit support team provides assistance to an elastic and demanding client-base of up to 80 Avid offline edits, across multiple sites.
The right candidate will have 2-3 years experience in a UK broadcast-standard operations department, preferably with practical knowledge of Avid Media Composer, a strong foundation in post production technical standards and media management, and the confidence to be a role model and a peer in a diverse team.
Evolutions’ edit & media support ops are supported by a core team of technical operators steeped in post production technical support and broadcast delivery, and have the benefit of structured on-the-job training.
The role suits aspiring offline editors and ops looking to gain further experience before progressing to online assisting and broadcast delivery.
Upon reflection of the main responsibilities and key skill requirements, if you feel you have the experience and expertise for a role with Evolutions operations department, please submit your CV and a short covering letter outlining your credentials.
- Prepare media and assets for the Avid edits, including project organisation, syncing, grouping, scene pulls and basic assembly/paper edits
- Generate and deliver edit sequence Avid exports to strict client specifications
- Provide day-to-day technical support to Avid offline editors & edit producers
- Develop strong client-support relationships to help deliver exceptional service
- Maintain operational technical equipment to the highest standards
- Ensure that suites and facilities are maintained to the highest standard, and prepared for purpose
- Work closely with other in-house departments to share information and ensure the efficient running of equipment, workflows and schedules
- Operate as a member of a close-knit, like-minded team; managing personalities and offering support to facilitate the smooth running of many adjacent, complex and entwined workflows
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a strong grasp of in-house operations workflows is essential for occasional deployment on Evolutions’ location rigs
- A strong understanding of television production and post-production, particularly offline
- Significant working experience with Avid Media Composer
- Demonstrable media management skills, including, but not limited to, knowledge of Avid Nexis, NAS, and nearline storage systems
- Adaptable to supporting both onsite and remote working solutions
- In-depth knowledge of broadcast standard camera codecs and related native media management
- A respectful and considerate ethic towards data privacy requirements
- An ability to identify, prioritise and problem solve independently, while maintaining the integrity of a larger framework. Teamwork is essential to Evolutions’ success
- Professional and courteous communication skills, as the role requires frequent close correspondence with colleagues in-house and a wide network of clients
- Flexibility around hours and shifting, given the wider industry’s tendency to push the boundaries of deadlines
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Commonly Used Software::
- Avid Media Composer
- VT Equipment