VSI is a leading localisation company offering foreign-language versioning services, such as voice-over, dubbing, subtitling and translation. We have dedicated facilities in the world’s major media hubs and provide services to some of the largest global brands.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, technically minded, detail‑oriented individual to join the team as Junior-level Media Operator. For this entry level role, we are looking for someone interested in the localisation industry, with an eye for detail, a hunger to learn new skills and who will thrive working in a fast-paced environment. If that is you, please send us your CV.
To help us move forward, we are undertaking an internal restructuring to allow us to properly separate media management and shipping from our usual internal workflows, to achieve TPN certification and work more efficiently. To that end, we are building a new Media Services division.
Working closely with the technical services (VT) and quality control functions, this will be a key department, dedicated to getting the right assets in and the right format out to suppliers and customers, on time and having undergone strict quality control.
The Junior-level Media Operator will report to the Media Services Manager and will be responsible for trafficking digital assets between internal VSI stakeholders and external parties, including suppliers and clients.
They will also be responsible for servicing ad-hoc requests for file transcodes (i.e. subtitle burn ins, audio laybacks, watermarking, etc…) They are key to ensuring that the creation and movement of media takes place within strict security parameters during its life cycle.
VSI has strict protocols for file creation, transfer and storage, and Junior Media Operators are at the forefront of these directives. They ensure compliance with TPN and other security policies and protect the highly valuable intellectual property of our clients.
This role is crucial to VSI’s ability to meet our agreed-upon service level agreements and deadlines, as well as to serve our clients to the highest standards. Safety, speed and accuracy must all be balanced when controlling the movement of data across our digital ecosystem.
The suitable candidate will be required to work an 8.5 hour shift pattern (with 1 hour lunch) between the hours of 08:00 and 21:00, so flexibility is a must.
- Downloading/uploading content to and from clients, suppliers and VSI staff
- Managing delivery schedules and trackers across multiple systems and accounts
- Assessing the integrity of files, from source to final deliverable
- Ensuring security guidelines are always followed and content is protected
- Tech checking and asset validation, so they adhere to client specifications
- Keeping internal documents and databases updated throughout the assets’ life cycle
- Communicating clearly and expediently with multiple internal stakeholders
- Escalating technical and operational issues via the right channels without delay
- Safeguarding data through abiding by all safety protocols and best practices
- Supporting other VSI teams and working on ad-hoc projects when required
- Following department workflows accurately and suggesting improvements as needed
- Maintaining an exceptional level of service and offering solutions when problems arise
- Archiving assets as per company or client rules, including general systems housekeeping
- Communicating queries or missing materials that are required for a task
- Operating various asset and workflow management tools, as well as bespoke software
- Encoding and transcoding from various file formats using a range of hardware / software
- Quality checking during and after encoding to ensure specifications and quality levels
- Burning in subtitles and audio to various video file types
- Housekeeping of video/audio files on servers
- Completing associated status administration throughout workflow processes
- Liaising with internal project management and technical teams
Essential Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of digital delivery methods, workflows and industry best practices
- Strong work ethic and ability to organise and prioritise fluctuating workloads
- Background in subtitle creation and translation, and knowledge of formats and codecs
- Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as relationship-building skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and numeracy
- Orientation towards results, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- ‘Can do’ attitude, an approachable team player willing to learn new skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and make suggestions on how we can improve
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills
- Operational knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and Creative Cloud
- Working understanding of file formats, codecs, frame rates and standards
- The ability to use both Apple Mac and PC
- A professional and positive attitude, with a flexible approach
- A high level of competence with digital media technology and equipment
- The ability to take instruction, work unsupervised and provide clear and regular progress reports
Desired Skills and Experience
- An understanding and interest in languages (the ability to speak another language would be useful, but is not essential)
- Working knowledge of the following Dalet Amberfin, Vidcheck QC, MXF and DPP formats (desirable but not required)
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role, please send your up-to-date CV, along with a covering letter