Who we are:
Irdeto is the world leader in digital platform security, protecting platforms and applications for video entertainment, video games, connected transport, connected health and IoT connected industries. Irdeto’s solutions and services enable customers to protect their revenue, create new offerings and fight cybercrime effectively. With more than 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s software security technology and cyber-services protect more than six billion devices and applications for some of the world’s best-known and loved brands.
People are Irdeto’s biggest strength and diversity is celebrated through an inclusive workplace, where everyone has an equal opportunity to drive innovation and support Irdeto’s success. With a unique heritage in security innovation, Irdeto is building a secure future where people can embrace connectivity without fear.
Senior Test Engineer is a key member of Services group and needs to ensure quality of software to be released to customer, take a proactive role to understand any customer related issues and providing a satisfactory response back after required internal discussions. The position will be reporting to the Test manager. This is a customer facing role closely working with 3rd parties like system integrators, solution architect, engineering and test teams to ensure the issues related to Headend, CA, STB Middleware on customer platforms are well understood and closed to customer’s satisfaction. As part of the job the role may have to travel for interactions with customer, 3rd parties and component engineering teams. He should have a good understanding of DTH & Broadcast system.
Your mission at Irdeto:
- Planning and execution of end-to-end testing for Headend, Conditional Access (CA), Middleware and STB solutions.
- Have strong knowledge of DVB/MPEG standards and hands on HE components like Multiplexer, SI/PSI, Modulator etc.
- Working closely with Test Manager, Test lead, Integration Engineer, Project Manager and Solution Architect to ensure the quality of Irdeto products as per the customer requirements.
- Working closely with the Customers, Engineering teams, Product Owner and Product test teams to understand the issues and effectively communicate same with the engineering team.
How you can add value to the team?
- Technical and/or Engineering background.
- Knowledge of the broadcast industry with respect to workflow, operation and technologies.
- 6 - 8 years of experience in testing STB solutions including STB, Headend, Conditional Access (CA), Middleware and OTT solutions.
- Well versed with Test processes, test planning and test designing.
- Involved in understanding, reviewing and analyzing the customer requirements and prepare the test design to meet the finalized requirements.
- Involved in functional & non-functional testing types (Regression testing, sanity Testing, Performance Testing, Security Testing, Database Testing, Automation testing, API testing, UI Testing).
- Good understanding of DVB/MPEG standards.
- Good working experience on Headend, CA and STB Middleware.
- Good understanding of Agile Methodology.
- Basic understanding of Customer subscriber management and Billing system.
- Hands on experience on python Scripting and Storm test will be advantage.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good Testing and Debugging skills.
- Team player but able to work independently and remotely.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Good logical and analytical skills with the ability to absorb multiple requirements, provide analysis and then at times provide a practical solutions that meet the customers’ needs.
- Good presentations skill to small to medium sized groups.
- Good documentation and reporting skills.
- Competent user of the Microsoft suite of Office applications including Microsoft Visio and Project.
What you can expect from us:
Irdeto is a people first organization where you can secure your future. Our values of Trust, Accountability, Agility and Innovation inform our culture. We believe in connecting people and developing careers with a strong focus on collaboration, creativity, health and happiness among our globally diverse workforce.
In addition to competitive remuneration and extensive benefits we offer:
- An international & multicultural environment where diversity and inclusivity are celebrated and embraced
- Professional educational opportunities and training program
- Innovation sabbatical
- Volunteer Day
- State of the art office space
- On the job coaching and mentoring
- Flexible work arrangements – via our Work Hard Anywhere policy.
- Some of us run city marathons and even go on snowboarding trips together!
- Casual Friday? Casual every day!
- US$ 500 net for your home office setup after you passed your trial period
- And many additional perks customized to global locations (canteen, fresh fruit, amazing coffee, parking, on-site gym, yoga room to name a few)
With over 50 successful years of business innovation behind us, and an exciting digital and connected future ahead of us, Irdeto is a progressive company to join. We are looking for people who will keep us at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Welcome to Irdeto!
Irdeto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on identity or innate characteristics, instead we aim to build a diverse, inclusive culture where your talent counts.