Irdeto’s Product Management department is responsible for defining the value we bring to our customers, i.e. defining the products and services Irdeto sells. Internally, the Product Management department provides leadership on the execution of the lifecycle management of products and services which includes their profitability. Product Management is market driven, innovative and values creativity, hard work and the delivery of quality results for our customers.
The Product Manager will be responsible for Irdeto’s video ad-tech offering for the OTT market. The role requires a combination of the OTT market and customers as well as excellent grasp of the relevant technologies. The main responsibility is to align Irdeto’s product vision and roadmap with the market demand to ensure product fit and profitability of the product line. There is a strong emphasis on interaction with customers in complex selling situations and customer environments.
What you will be working on:
- Leverages product and market understanding to define product positioning, product pitch, USPs and target markets.
- Works with product marketing to define the go-to-market strategy and execute, support product marketing roadmap activities.
- Leverage market and customer understanding to serve as the voice of the customer in decisions made regarding product roadmaps.
- Works with product architect to define the medium/long-term technology, product roadmap.
- Defines requirement based on market and customer requirements as well as internal requirements (e.g. operations) and details those to suitable level together with members of the development team, providing guidance and direction to the team as needed.
- Sets priorities for the development team in line with business priorities incl. new functionalities, field issues, internal work (e.g. documentation, software refactoring)
- Ensures that user stories and defects in the product backlog are clear, complete, and prioritized, and actively manages/grooms the backlog on an ongoing basis.
- Technology evangelist; leverages technology, product expertise to promote and market Irdeto’s video ad-tech offerings.
- Assists sales and pre-sales customer engagements as domain and product pricing expert.
- Works with Market Intelligence team to gather competitive and market information
- Work with Product Director on product pricing, pricing strategy, financial analysis and justification
- Responsible for optimizing product delivery and running costs (e.g. cloud infrastructure)
- Defines and ensures SLA delivery and ownership across the organization
What can you bring to the team?
- Minimum 5 years of Product Management, Product Life Cycle Management experience or similar role in a technology environment
- Minimum 3 years working in video ad-tech product lines
- Working knowledge of DAI, CSAI and ad impression measurement
- Working knowledge of video ad servers and ad sales processes
- Excellent knowledge of ad tech relevant standards incl. VAST/VPAID, SCTE-35
- Good understanding of ABR streaming formats incl. HLS, DASH and CMAF
- Excellent (English) communications skills
- Ability to work independently with third parties
- Ability to provide people, technical guidance and coaching to teams
- Strong writing skills and presentation skills, both for technically and non-technical audiences
- Track record of working as a team player and demonstrate that he/she is able to work in a collaborative and time-pressure environment
- Computer Science / Engineering degree/Business Degree or similar work experience a strong plus
- Solid relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with initiative and passion to succeed in an informal fast paced environment
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America, Europe and APAC (25%)
Why join Irdeto?
We are on a mission to build a secure future, where people can embrace connectivity without fear. Our lives are increasingly connected. At Irdeto, we enable people and companies to experience connectivity effortlessly by protecting them from cyber attacks. Security is the enabler of the connected world we live in. Our solutions and services ensure that you can enjoy the latest video games, the best blockbuster movies and your favorite live events. And it does not stop there; our technology also secures connected transport and IoT connected industries – just to name a few. With 50 years of expertise in security, we protect over 5 billion devices and applications for some of the world’s best-known brands.
What do we offer you?
Irdeto is a people first organisation where you can secure your future. Our values of Trust, Accountability, Agility and Innovation inform our culture. We believe in connecting people and developing careers with a strong focus on collaboration, creativity, health and happiness among our globally diverse workforce.
In addition to competitive remuneration and an extensive benefits we offer:
- An international & multicultural environment where diversity and inclusivity are celebrated and embraced
- Professional educational opportunities and training program
- Innovation sabbatical
- Volunteer Day
- State of the art office space
- On the job coaching and mentoring
- Flexible work arrangement
- Some of us run city marathons and even go on snowboarding trips together!
- Casual Friday? Casual every day!
- And many additional perks customized to global locations (canteen, fresh fruit, amazing coffee, parking, on-site gym, yoga room to name a few)
With over 50 successful years of business innovation behind us, and an exciting digital and connected future ahead of us, Irdeto is a progressive company to join. We are looking for people who will keep us at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Welcome to Irdeto!
Irdeto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on identity or innate characteristics, instead we aim to build a diverse, inclusive culture where your talent counts