dock10 is the UK’s leading television facility based at the heart of MediaCityUK in Manchester, providing Studios, Post Production, Media Services, Telecoms & Consulting to our extensive range of clients.
We have Permanent and Fixed Term opportunities for the position of VFX Coordinator to join our Post Production team.
You will work with the VFX Supervisor, Producers and Artists to ensure shots are being tracked and delivered according to established targets and milestones.
You will co-ordinate Dock10’s cross-functional production teams and implement very effective project management.
- Ensure Shotgun statuses and task assignments are kept up to date.
- Scheduling, prioritizing and tracking VFX across multiple projects in Shotgun
- Organize VFX dailies, rounds and project meetings.
- Organize and setup media for client review sessions.
- Coordinate and package shot deliveries including submission documentation.
- Ensure teams are clear on daily delivery objectives.
- Record all shot notes whether from VFX supervisor, clients or dailies.
- Ensuring effective communication and continual team updates.
- Coordinating and monitoring multiple projects effectively.
- Ensuring project scope, status and completion information up to date in Shotgun.
- Documenting decisions and requests, and ensuring items are tracked and managed appropriately.
- Monitoring and controlling progress, issues and preparing weekly progress reports.
- Ensuring work is being approved and completed on time and to specification.
- In tandem with VFX Supervisor and Post Producers, construct the initial high-level schedule of deliverable milestones and dates.
- Works with the supervisory team to assess the original scope of work and all creative iterative changes from a time, schedule, and budget perspective
- Determine show crewing and scheduling – including identifying potential artist bottlenecks.
- Develop and maintain up to date freelance database of compositors, CG artists and match move specialists.
• Manages the overall timely information flow within the show and between the show and facility.
A clear communicator that demonstrates high level organizational skills and possesses a very proactive / positive attitude.
3-5 years of experience within the film and television industry with a combination of coordinating and or producing experience
Experience with Shotgun
Show an in depth understanding of the VFX process and pipeline
We very much welcome applications from all sections of society to a business where diversity and inclusion is highly valued and is at the heart of the way we operate.