The Commercial Director and Head of Business Affairs
Specific areas of responsibility
- Dealing with the Greenbird stable of companies on a day-to-day basis regarding contracts and programme content.
- Dealing with broadcasters and distributors regarding programme rights.
- Manage and maintain the commercial database and development slate.
- Draft, track and save talent, production, and distribution agreements.
- Work with producers and the finance team to ensure all royalties and advances are collected at various payment stages.
- Update an existing spreadsheet of video assets.
- Manage the Company Vimeo account.
- Organise existing treatments and assets in Dropbox folders.
- Renew and negotiate collections agency and music publishing deals for the producers.
- Update collections agencies and music publishing agencies quarterly with new commissions.
Attributes for the role
- A legal and/or acquisitions background would be useful.
- Experience in the media sector, with a basic understanding of the types of documents needed by production companies in non-scripted programming.
- An understanding of the international sales market for programmes, formats and ancillary rights, would be helpful.
- A basic understanding of the OFCOM Codes and other legal and regulatory issues (libel/contempt/privacy)
- Full-time hours, though a four-day week would also be considered.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, valuing inclusivity, and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds.