About the Role
We are looking for a Technical Edit Assistant to support the BT Sport Post-Production facility in Stratford, London. Some of the duties will include:
- Edit and Voice Over suite support
- Processing file transcodes using various applications
- Upkeep of edit, media and storage systems
As part of a small team you will be required to ingest media from a variety of sources and set up and support the non-linear edit suites at BT Sport. Alongside in-depth Avid and Adobe experience, you should have a good knowledge of broadcast workflows, file formats and ingest applications.
The Assistant will be required to work at high levels of technical complexity, under programme and operational pressures.
- Help guide editors, operators and production staff through complex operational scenarios and workflows
- Capable of ingesting media from a variety of sources (camera card, hard drive, file delivery) and ensure outgest requests are carried out to a high standard
- Monitor and optimise the performance of the non-linear edit suites (Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere and Avid Pro Tools), databases (Avid Interplay), and storage systems (Avid ISIS)
- Provide front line support and address technical faults in a timely and professional manner, communicating and escalating issues as required, and ensuring alternative ways of meeting requirements are identified and implemented promptly
- Develop an effective working relationship with other support teams at BT Sport including Broadcast Engineering, IT Support, Media Systems Engineering, Bookings, and the Media Management teams
- Develop and build excellent working relationships with production teams, technical operators, and any other clients working at BT Sport
- Prioritise the daily workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Creating, testing, evaluating and documenting new workflows.
Shift Pattern: 12 hour days usually working to a 7/14 day shift pattern including night shifts
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Edit Assistant experience in a fast-paced broadcast environment and a passion for edit platforms and/or broadcast technology
- Clear understanding of the fundamentals of file-based editing workflows
- A strong knowledge of file-based formats and codecs
- Knowledge and experience with the use and support of Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere
- Experience of dealing with an Avid Interplay database, ISIS Storage and Transfer Engine servers
- Previous experience of industry transcoding tools, such as: Content Agent, Amberfin, Adobe Media Encoder
- A knowledge of IP Director and its application within a Post-Production environment
- Excellent media management skills. Ability to adhere to naming conventions and demonstrate a good eye for detail when dealing with client media
- Customer awareness and good interpersonal skills; able to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from operators and production staff
- The ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrate clear logical thinking in fault-finding and problems solving. Able to distinguish between important and irrelevant information
- Demonstrates flexibility and responds very well to new challenges, is open to change(s), shows openness to alternative ways of doing things.
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering or technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.