Who we are:
Irdeto is the world leader in digital platform security, protecting platforms and applications for video entertainment, video games, connected transport, connected health and IoT connected industries. Irdeto’s solutions and services enable customers to protect their revenue, create new offerings and fight cybercrime effectively. With more than 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s software security technology and cyber-services protect more than six billion devices and applications for some of the world’s best-known and loved brands.
People are Irdeto’s biggest strength and diversity is celebrated through an inclusive workplace, where everyone has an equal opportunity to drive innovation and support Irdeto’s success. With a unique heritage in security innovation, Irdeto is building a secure future where people can embrace connectivity without fear.
In this role you will be responsible for designing, building and managing the infrastructure that supporting several of Video Entertainments projects. You will play a major role in developing cloud-based architecture to analyse and process data according to the needs of Irdeto’s portfolio of products and services, as well as innovation projects. You will work closely with multiple teams that will include software engineers, data scientists, product managers and architects to achieve this.
This team independently builds data for our rapidly growing OTT segment. We are using daily but not limiting ourself to: AWS, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Athena, API Gateway, Lambda, Tableu.
Your mission at Irdeto:
- Work closely with business and product leaders, developers, architects, analysts and researchers oninnovation and early stage product development across the company.
- Create and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture, reports and analytics based on business requirements.
- Build APIs to expose data to external systems.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Deploy models in production, as well as maintain a continuous integration pipeline, including monitoringand optimization of the system’s performance and cost.
How you can add value to the team?
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar fields.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a Data Engineering role.
- Experience in handling big data pipelines, data warehouses and distributed data stores, preferably in cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with Apache Spark (streaming and batch processing applications).
- Proficient knowledge of Python.
- Experience in Microservice architecture and building APIs.
- Strong SQL skills. Ability to parse and fetch information out of structured and semi-structured data.
- Ability to work with SQL & NoSQL databases such as AWS RDS, DynamoDB etc.
- Experience working with one or more business intelligence or data visualization platforms (i.e., Tableau, PowerBI etc.).
- Good understanding of Data security (at rest and in motion) and Data-Governance.
- Strong passion about new technologies; Ability to develop quick POCs and integrate into existing/new applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting, debugging sophisticated systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques.
- Working experience with Elastic-Search and Kafka clusters is a plus.
- Experience in JVM languages (Java/Scala) and scripting languages (Java-script) is a plus.
- Experience with AWS (or equivalent) tools like Glue, Kinesis, S3, Lambda, Athena, etc. is a plus.
What you can expect from us:
Irdeto is a people first organization where you can secure your future. Our values of Trust, Accountability, Agility and Innovation inform our culture. We believe in connecting people and developing careers with a strong focus on collaboration, creativity, health and happiness among our globally diverse workforce.
In addition to competitive remuneration and extensive benefits we offer:
- An international & multicultural environment where diversity and inclusivity are celebrated and embraced
- Professional educational opportunities and training program
- Innovation sabbatical
- Volunteer Day
- State of the art office space
- On the job coaching and mentoring
- Flexible work arrangements – via our Work Hard Anywhere policy.
- Some of us run city marathons and even go on snowboarding trips together!
- Casual Friday? Casual every day!
- US$ 500 net for your home office setup after you passed your trial period
- And many additional perks customized to global locations (canteen, fresh fruit, amazing coffee, parking, on-site gym, yoga room to name a few)
With over 50 successful years of business innovation behind us, and an exciting digital and connected future ahead of us, Irdeto is a progressive company to join. We are looking for people who will keep us at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Welcome to Irdeto!
Irdeto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on identity or innate characteristics, instead we aim to build a diverse, inclusive culture where your talent counts.