ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a VT Guarantee, who will work primarily on OB locations, Ealing Production Centres Greenford OB base with occasional work at other Timeline locations as necessary to cover programme and maintenance needs. The VT Guarantee is expected to maintain, deploy and operate the wide range of broadcast and network equipment and systems deployed OB Trucks and any other Timeline business environments. The Guarantee is required to work at the highest level of technical complexity under programme and/or operational pressures.
- Guarantee VT operation on Timeline’s fleet of scanners, flyaways and remote productions by prepping, maintaining and operating VT equipment
- Deliver exceptional and personalised service to Timeline’s clients
- Supervise the rig of VT equipment in base and on site
- Ensure that technical faults are cleared and identify and implement alternative solutions
- Ensure all customer requirements are tested and back-up systems are in place
- Assist in prepping, loading and planning of jobs
- Assist the company in the development and testing of new equipment and technologies
- Assist the company in the training and development of other staff members.
- Follow up on faults and liaise with manufacturers to arrange replacements and returns
- Involvement with build and refurbishment projects
- The job will involve travelling, driving and frequent periods away from home, in the UK or abroad
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Broadcast engineering experience
- Experience of opening, levelling, and closing OB trucks
- Flexible approach to problem solving and openness to new challenges and alternative solutions
- Knowledge of UHD and HD baseband vision systems and desire to learn about emerging technologies
- Knowledge of video and audio routing systems including EVS (Axon) Cerebrum
- Knowledge of TCP/IP address systems including configuration of network switches, primarily Dell or Juniper
- Installation, configuration and operation of EVS XT servers and LSM Remotes,
- Thorough knowledge of EVS XFile, XSquare, XTAccess servers and IPDirector workstations
- Media Management in small to large scale environments
- Installation and operation of Avid and Premiere edit workstations including network storage
- Clear understanding of the fundamentals of a file-based editing workflows and various file transcoding, processing & delivery systems
- A positive manner and ability to respond tactfully and sympathetically to staff and client requests
- The ability to work both alone and as part of a team, and a true ability to remain calm under pressure
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering or technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.