Who we are and what we do
Audinate leads the world in networked media with our "Dante" technology which is used extensively in professional audio & video applications, including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communication systems.
Dante replaces all audio and video connections with a computer network, effortlessly sending video or hundreds of channels of audio over slender Ethernet cables with perfect digital fidelity. Adopted by hundreds of manufacturers in thousands of products, Dante is the de facto standard for modern AV connectivity.
You’ll find us in the largest companies and institutions like the Sydney Opera House, NFL Media Headquarters, Microsoft, major universities and even a 900-year old cathedral featured in Harry Potter.
About the role
You will run an in-house legal function that pragmatically balances the effectiveness of in-house resources with the sensible use of external counsel.
You'll be primarily responsible for providing high-level internal legal advice and support for commercial contracts, corporate legal matters (including M&A), assistance with company secretarial matters and legal input on governance and administrative matters. In addition, you will source and manage external legal expertise when necessary.
A key task will be advising the Executive Leadership Team on a variety of corporate matters,
The role may suit an ambitious lawyer making their first step out of practice. Alternatively, we are happy to consider more experienced candidates with the ability to fulfil all the responsibilities on a part-time basis (perhaps 4 days a week). This role genuinely offers work/life balance!
- Provide advice to the executive leadership team, sales teams and other staff as required on legal issues.
- Draft and negotiate agreements including software licenses, support agreements, OEM, partner, ISV, distributor and reseller agreements, consulting/professional services, vendor and development contracts and other strategic agreements as required.
- Manage external legal relationships and act as the primary point of contact for external legal advisors (other than in respect of employment law).
- Assist with intellectual property-related matters, including advice and patent & trademark filings.
- Assist with the review and negotiation of lease agreements.
- Provide support for M&A and strategic partnerships process including due diligence, drafting, and negotiating agreements and related legal documents.
- Develop strategic legal support on organisational initiatives including new product/service introduction.
- Be responsible for oversight on areas such as Privacy/Data Protection and provide assistance as required on intellectual property.
- Draft, review and amend corporate governance policies, to ensure legal, ASX and other regulatory compliance.
- Assistance with company secretarial duties, including preparation and coordination of Board papers and minutes.
- Point of contact for D&O, Cyber and other insurances, including coordination of renewals and enquiries.
- Draft, review and amend internal policies to ensure legal compliance, consistency, and relevant application to the organisation.
- Establish, build, and maintain relevant internal legal systems and processes.
- Manage commercial disputes and litigation matters, including software audit requirements.
- Develop and maintain a library of legal precedents as relevant.
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of commercial agreements. Handling licensing transactions for enterprise software or technology companies an advantage.
- Experience with issues pertaining to software and technology licensing, product development, Data Protection, and commercial law preferred.
- Experience in providing high-quality legal services and analysis.
- Knowledge of data protection and privacy.
- Highly developed written communications skills with a background in the production of legal, policy and regulatory documents.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities for multiple internal stakeholders.
- Ability to think critically and communicate clearly and concisely in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Possess strong business acumen to work with business partners to find solutions to meet business needs whilst maintaining legal compliance.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
Additional desired skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple jurisdictions, ideally including the US, Europe, and APAC.
What you’ll experience with us
With us, your ambition extends as far as our reach. Working alongside experts and enthusiasts from different backgrounds, you’ll refine your skills as we define our products. We’ll experience and share a purpose we can see and hear as we pioneer the future of AV together.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and equity incentive plan, you’ll experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working through to volunteering leave.