Who we are and what we do
Audinate leads the world in networked media with our "Dante" technology which is used extensively in professional audio & video applications, including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communication systems.
Dante replaces all audio and video connections with a computer network, effortlessly sending video or hundreds of channels of audio over slender Ethernet cables with perfect digital fidelity. Adopted by hundreds of manufacturers in thousands of products, Dante is the de facto standard for modern AV connectivity.
You’ll find us in the largest companies and institutions like the Sydney Opera House, NFL Media Headquarters, Microsoft, major universities and even a 900-year old cathedral featured in Harry Potter.
About the role
Audinate is an ASX listed company (AD8) that has legal entities in five jurisdictions (Australia, UK, USA, Belgium and Hong Kong) with employees based in 13 worldwide locations. The Group Tax Manager plays a pivotal role in overseeing and managing all aspects of tax compliance for Audinate across these jurisdictions.
This is a key position involving a wide range of responsibilities, including calculating and managing income tax and R&D tax obligations for various legal entities, overseeing the preparation and lodgment of indirect taxes, and managing Transfer Pricing documentation and studies.
Additionally, the Group Tax Manager is responsible for monthly transfer pricing calculations, half-yearly tax effect accounting, and participation in month-end and year-end processes.
Collaboration with global tax advisers is essential for staying abreast of tax legislation changes and mitigating associated risks. The Group Tax Manager is also expected to adapt to evolving responsibilities and effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve organizational objectives.
- Calculating and managing income tax and R&D tax obligations, as well as tax instalments for all legal entities such as Australia, UK, HK, Belgium, and USA Federal and State.
- Overseeing the preparation, lodgment, and payment of indirect taxes, including GST, VAT, payroll tax, workers' compensation, and fringe benefits tax for entities in Australia, UK, Belgium, and Hungary. Additionally, handling tax calculations and lodgments for Washington State taxes, Oregon Commercial Activity Tax, and USA Form 1099 submissions.
- Managing both the external and internal Transfer Pricing documentation and Transfer Pricing benchmark studies conducted by external consultants.
- Preparing monthly transfer pricing calculations and processing associated invoicing.
- Preparing half-yearly tax effect accounting calculations, including journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Participating in month-end and year-end processes, including processing journal entries and reconciliations for income tax and indirect taxes.
- Collaborating with global tax advisers, including attending quarterly tax update meetings, and addressing tax risks associated with changes in tax legislation and Audinate's business operations.
- Updating and maintaining tax process documentation, the tax risk register, and tax deliverable calendar.
- Collaborating with business systems to identify and implement solutions aimed at enhancing accuracy and efficiency in tax-related processes.
- Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities assigned or delegated within your skills, qualifications, and competencies.
- 8-10 years tax and accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of the Australian tax system
- Experience preparing income tax and sales tax returns
- Advanced Excel experience
- Interest in systems and process improvement to deliver efficiencies
- Ability to thrive in a growing company with an evolving role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must work well in a team environment, be highly self-motivated and resilient
Additional desired skills and experience
- Commercial tax expertise in tax matters within any of Audinate's jurisdictions and relevant tax regulations.
- "Big 4" global tax consulting experience
What you’ll experience with us
With us, your ambition extends as far as our reach. Working alongside experts and enthusiasts from different backgrounds, you’ll refine your skills as we define our products. We’ll experience and share a purpose we can see and hear as we pioneer the future of AV together.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and equity incentive plan, you’ll experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working through to volunteering leave.