Moonbug is a global entertainment company that creates and distributes fun and safe content for children. We encourage healthy values such as compassion, empathy and resilience, while teaching fundamental life skills. We are a team of entertainment and technology experts with an ambition to redefine the kid’s entertainment industry in this new digital age. Owning digital IP with views in the billions, we know where kids are and what they like. This gives us the power to create content that is relevant to kids and available in the way that they want it.
Moonbug Entertainment was created in 2018 and has since grown organically via our 360 approach and through acquisition to be one of the world’s biggest creators of kids’ content. We acquired Little Baby Bum in 2018, closely followed by My Magic Pet Morphle. ARPO was acquired in 2019 and CoComelon and Blippi the following year. Moonbug now has 18 individual IPs with over 700 hours content in 26 languages. We distribute on over 100 platforms worldwide including Amazon, Netflix and YouTube.
Our brand partnerships business continues to expand; it currently includes Mattel, Inc., Nickelodeon, Procter & Gamble and LEGOⓇ. Moonbug Consumer Products brings the company’s stories and characters to life through engaging physical and digital products across hardlines, softlines, FMCG and publishing. Consumer Products is a global business with teams in London, LA and Seoul.
Moonbug currently operates with employees based in Camden, London and LA together with partners, agents and representatives in other territories.
To manage the product development and approval process for all brands on softlines categories eg apparel, accessories, footwear & home.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work with our agents & licensees to approve product from concept through to production ensuring great brand integration in all items. Providing and managing creative direction and ideas where necessary.
- Inspire licensees by creating product pitches and new product design visuals, offering creative input and trend direction
- Lead and execute all design projects (eg product toolkits, product pitches, inspirations boards) within your categories
- Train and develop all new and existing licensees on our Brands and approval systems.
- Ensure licensees are provide with the appropriate creative assets for product development and work with the creative team to develop new assets as required
- Run ideation/development sessions with licensees as required to drive product innovation.
- Identify areas for new product development
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of all Moonbug brands and associated assets
- Support the wider team as needed.
- Degree level educated in Product/Industrial/Fashion Design or relevant experience
- Have good knowledge of trends within the industry and the broader world of product design
- Have a strong knowledge of manufacturing techniques for your categories
- Ability to communicate a clear design brief
- Ability to communicate design ideas using freehand drawing/computer techniques
- Ability to deliver against deadlines
- Ability to effectively present design ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of Mac OSX, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Excellent command of English both written and verbal
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
As well as working for one of the world's leading entertainment companies, you will get private health, gym membership, pension, life assurance, Moonbug swag and an amazing office, with a glorious rooftop in the heart of camden!