Who We Are:
Frieze is the world’s leading platform for modern and contemporary art, dedicated to artists, galleries, collectors and art lovers alike. Frieze comprises three magazines – frieze, Frieze Masters Magazine and Frieze Week – and five international art fairs – Frieze London, Frieze Masters, Frieze New York, Frieze Los Angeles and Frieze Seoul. In October 2021, Frieze also launched No.9 Cork Street, a permanent space for visiting international galleries in the heart of Mayfair, London. Frieze is part of the IMG network.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to many of the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events, and experiences. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation through entertainment agency WME; sports operations and advisory, event management, media production and distribution, and brand licensing through IMG; live event experiences and hospitality through On Location; full-service marketing through global cultural marketing agency 160over90; and sports data and technology through IMG ARENA and OpenBet. Endeavor is also the majority owner of TKO Group Holdings (NYSE: TKO), a premium sports and entertainment company comprising UFC and WWE.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Build and deliver the strategic goals for Frieze’s activity in EMEA across Frieze Fairs (‘the fairs’);
- Inform and support the implementation of Frieze’s strategy to grow audiences in the region;
- Nurture and maintain relationships with key institutions and regional bodies ensuring the best outcome for Frieze.
Year-round Audience Cultivation
- Formulate and execute strategies to encourage VIP attendance to all fairs, viewing rooms and other events, including delivery of key museum patrons groups;
- Identify important collectors and key museums actively acquiring Contemporary, Modern and Historical art in the region; Hold strong relationships with collectors and art world professionals in the region;
- Host targeted initiatives with VIPs, museums and galleries across the region (e.g. lunches, collection visits, drinks, dinners, digital events, etc.) liaising closely with VIP Consultants based in the region as agreed with the Frieze senior team
- Identify and coordinate opportunities for collaborations with local and regional institutions
- Advise Frieze on how to further engage with collectors and curators/museum directors in the region both online and in person. Identify opportunities for relationships in the region that can support Frieze with cultivation exercises (e.g. event hosting, participation in talks, etc.);
- Make regular visits to collectors and museums throughout the region, encouraging visit to the fairs and viewing rooms;
- Make visits to Frieze-participating galleries when traveling around the region, demonstrating a deep engagement with their programmes and enabling new VIP introductions;
- Attend important art events in the region including major exhibition openings and dinners; Attend key international art events including other art fairs on behalf of Frieze, as agreed with Frieze senior team;
- Support Frieze team travel in the region with general planning and introductions;
- Support with new cultivation exercises and insights building; Be the advocate for new Frieze projects with galleries in the region (eg. Membership, etc.).
Cultivation and Audience Delivery During Frieze Fairs
- Deliver key audiences from the region to all Frieze events, internationally;
- Familiarise yourself with information relevant to upcoming fairs;
- Identify and communicate special opportunities for visiting collectors;
- Facilitate participation of collectors from the region in all aspects of the fairs, especially new or important collectors who have not previously attended;
- Ensure collectors attending the fairs are well looked after and feel connected and important to Frieze;
- Facilitate introductions between collectors and exhibiting galleries; Drive targeted sales-driven engagement of collectors with exhibitors;
- Host hospitality events (drinks, lunches) at the fairs with a targeted purpose;
- Encourage VIP and Institutions to visit all Frieze Viewing Rooms and host digital tours for key audiences from the region
- Lead VIP management of the fairs, in order for the fair to be a success
- Lead VIP Communications with EMEA audiences in mind
- Build Frieze Week VIP programmes in the region and identify special opportunities and events for our top tier VIPs
- Support VIP Operations
- Support coordination of VIP Consultants
- Manage a team of VIP Managers
Development of VIP Database
- Actively support with the development of a segmented and targeted EMEA VIP database, including EMEA VIPs based abroad;
- Source contact details for VIPs and pass them to the Frieze VIP team, offering guidance of what access and invitations they should receive to Frieze fairs;
- Act as point of contact in correspondence from Frieze to VIPs from the region, tailoring correspondence when necessary.
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world’s diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.