Who we are and what we do
Audinate leads the world in networked media with our "Dante" technology which is used extensively in professional audio & video applications, including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communication systems.
Dante replaces all audio and video connections with a computer network, effortlessly sending video or hundreds of channels of audio over slender Ethernet cables with perfect digital fidelity. Adopted by hundreds of manufacturers in thousands of products, Dante is the de facto standard for modern AV connectivity.
You’ll find us in the largest companies and institutions like the Sydney Opera House, NFL Media Headquarters, Microsoft, major universities and even a 900-year old cathedral featured in Harry Potter.
About the role
The Accounting Specialist will assist with the month-end process and accurately manage the credit control function, accounting and bank reconciliations. The role is analytical, and problem-solving skills are needed to discern an accurate understanding of the information given: you must ensure the accuracy of all data and other related information.
The role carries with it a lot of opportunity for personal career development and you will join a highly supportive team, working closely with our very experienced and knowledgeable Group Finance and Corporate Accounting Managers as well as our Director of Finance.
In the Finance team we have flexibility to work from home but also collaborate every week in-person at our office in BGC as well as working remotely alongside colleagues in Sydney.
Responsibilities: Credit control
- Process new customer forms, including performing reference checks
- Process customer credit card payments
- Reconcile retail FastSpring transactions to the AR ledger
- Send overdue reminders to customers, and endorse credit hold as per the credit control policy
- Send statements to customers on a monthly basis
- Review receivables inbox to ensure customer queries are responded to and remittances sent by customers are processed daily
- Manage customer payments effectively including performing monthly reconciliation, overpayments and refunds processes
- Run and review debtors ageing analysis
- Review and update credit control procedure documentation
Responsibilities: Daily bank transaction and recording
- Record cash receipts daily against customer invoices
- Record bank fees, analysis fees and other transactions
- Prepare intercompany journal entries for all payments
- Record accrued and earned interest as reflected in bank accounts
- Generation of bank statements
Responsibilities: Month-end process
- Reconcile all bank and term deposit accounts
- Reconcile customer accounts
- Process Journal Entries for bank transactions that are not system generated
- Manage the Fixed Asset Registers for the Group
- Assist with other account reconciliations, journal entries and financial reports
- Monthly timesheet template for Australia, Cambridge and Belgium employees.
- Perform other month-end duties as directed by the Group Finance Manager
- Proven experience in a similar position
- Experience using an ERP (accounting) system – NetSuite preferred
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to effectively prioritise and handle multiple tasks at once
- Strong attention to detail
- Must work well in a team environment, be highly self-motivated and resilient
What you’ll experience with us
With us, your ambition extends as far as our reach. Working alongside experts and enthusiasts from different backgrounds, you’ll refine your skills as we define our products. We’ll experience and share a purpose we can see and hear as we pioneer the future of AV together.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and equity incentive plan, you’ll experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working through to volunteering leave.