Who We Are:
Frieze is the world’s leading platform for modern and contemporary art, dedicated to artists, galleries, collectors and art lovers alike. Frieze comprises three magazines – frieze, Frieze Masters Magazine and Frieze Week – and five international art fairs – Frieze London, Frieze Masters, Frieze New York, Frieze Los Angeles and Frieze Seoul. In October 2021, Frieze also launched No.9 Cork Street, a permanent space for visiting international galleries in the heart of Mayfair, London. Frieze is part of the IMG network.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to many of the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events, and experiences. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation through entertainment agency WME; sports operations and advisory, event management, media production and distribution, and brand licensing through IMG; live event experiences and hospitality through On Location; full-service marketing through global cultural marketing agency 160over90; and sports data and technology through IMG ARENA and OpenBet. Endeavor is also the majority owner of TKO Group Holdings (NYSE: TKO), a premium sports and entertainment company comprising UFC and WWE.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Frieze seeks a Senior Marketing Manager to promote its fairs in Los Angeles and Seoul, in order to achieve their consumer revenue targets and attract a growing and diverse audience. In addition to the fairs, this role offers marketing support to Frieze’s permanent gallery in London, No.9 Cork Street.
As part of this, you will:
- Lead on evidence-based marketing campaigns that deliver against ticketing revenue and brand equity targets – including identifying audiences, and devising media plans to include paid social media, Out of Home, media partnerships, email and inbound marketing.
- Liaise with our ticketing partners on ticketing set ups across Frieze Los Angeles and Frieze Seoul.
- Share insights and guidance from an audience perspective with Design and Branded Content teams to produce inspiring creative and content that promotes Frieze globally and engages with diverse audiences.
- Work with the Marketing Director and relevant departments across the Endeavor family in the development of audience research and insights.
- Project manage the delivery of advertising creative for campaigns and onsite branding and signage collateral, working closely with colleagues in the Design team and across the organisation.
- Work on the development and delivery of innovative partnerships (tourist bodies, media partners, promotional partners, other arts organisations) for the benefit of Frieze fairs and their visitors.
- Ensure targets are met by monitoring effectiveness during campaigns and evaluate success by producing post-campaign reports and sharing learnings with key stakeholders.
- Liaise with Frieze’s Partnerships and Ad Sales teams on sponsorship and partner commitments.
- Work closely with colleagues in Membership, Digital, Press, Branded Content and Fairs to maximise the quality of experience, data capture and revenue across all relevant touchpoints.
- Manage the marketing budget for each campaign, following organisational procedures, monitoring expenditure and obtaining value for money.
- Manage localisation services for our marketing activity in Korea and China
Please Note e.g. shift(s)/ unsocial hours/ travel etc
Required travel abroad to the fairs and working weekends before and during the fairs.
You Will Have The Following Strengths
- Experience of managing effective multi-channel marketing campaigns, with a sound understanding of digital marketing.
- Highly analytical with a passion for audiences – an entrepreneurial approach combined with energy and enthusiasm to create innovative marketing campaigns.
- Good understanding of project management applied to the production of print collateral (i.e. signage, onsite branding).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation skills, and the ability to achieve consensus among a number of different teams, and to gain senior agreement for marketing recommendations.
- Experience of working collaboratively with other organisations - sponsors, media owners, promotional partners, tourist bodies, etc.
- Excellent organisational skills, especially the ability to prioritise workload and to work flexibly.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as to initiate and develop own projects.
- Computer literate and numerate, with the ability to analyse statistical research findings, budgeting etc.
- Experience of managing agencies, designers and suppliers.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of colleagues in an inclusive manner.
- An interest in art.
We'd Also Love If You Have These
- Highly analytical with hands-on experience planning and implementing digital marketing campaigns
- Creative problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Clear communicator
- Great at establishing good relationships and confident liaising with other departments and third parties
- Team player
Our Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Frieze unites people in our love of the arts. We understand this can only be accomplished when we harness the entirety of our company and lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we are committed to practicing anti-discrimination including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability, together with artists, writers, and cultural practitioners from all backgrounds. There is still much work to be done to address systemic inequality and discrimination within the arts and culture industry, and we are dedicated to making progress to both within our own organization and the art world at large.
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world’s diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.