About the Role
This is an opportunity to work in BT Sport’s award-winning broadcast facility located in vibrant HereEast, with Canal side restaurants and bars on its doorstep.
In this role you will be responsible for all the incoming and outgoing feeds for live productions and ingest purposes. It can be a demanding environment with multiple simultaneous transmissions, so you’ll need a keen eye for detail. You would need to be able to work well on your own, and with others. This role includes the line-up of video circuits and satellite links in an extremely busy MCR environment. You will work at the highest levels of technical complexity under programme and/or operational pressures. Responding to all stakeholders in a positive, friendly, and proactive manner.
Last year, BT Sport broadcast over 1,500 hours of live sport across 12 channels, including Premier League, UEFA Champions League, FA Cup, Premiership Rugby and MotoGP. BT Sport and Timeline TV are at the forefront of innovation, moving to fully remote production within a matter of weeks once lockdown occurred, launched Europe’s first UHD channel, were at the forefront of UHD HDR, and were the first in the world to broadcast sport with Dolby Atmos sound.
- Line-up of video circuits, satellite links, return circuits and communications from outside broadcasts
- Delivering the correct HD and Ultra HD HDR and SDR feeds to our production galleries, ingest teams and third-party networks, and ensure that all feeds are correctly on-passed according to the transmission schedule
- Liaising with clients in traffic and other resource departments to ensure that all production needs are effectively and efficiently met
- Operate equipment in the MCR and associated technical areas including:
- UHD SDR and HDR, and HD/SD SDI circuits
- Standards conversion and fault finding
- Satellite downlinking and decryption / decoding
- ASI transport stream processing and fault finding
- File based ingest and playout
- IT and TCP/IP networking infrastructure
- Management of video contribution circuits (facility lines, MPLS)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in a customer facing role with good interpersonal skills, excellent service and communication skills. Able to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from all stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of vision, sound, routing, communication and computer systems as they relate to a Broadcast environment
- The ability to make critical assessment of television pictures and waveforms.
- Good knowledge of IP Broadcast systems, IT and TCP/IP networking infrastructure
- Familiarity with scheduling systems used in a Broadcast environment
- Good understanding of end-to-end production processes and the ‘live’ transmission chain in a broadcast environment
- Previous experience with any of the following will be highly regarded:
- Multichannel audio monitoring and shuffling including Dolby E and Dolby Atmos
- BNCS Control system or equivalent
- The ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, and to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to learn, and able to keep up with technical changes within the Industry
- Understanding of SLA’s and their impact on the business
This role will be shift based including nights. Operational flexibility is expected
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
Please only apply if you are eligible to work in the UK