ABOUT THE ES GLOBAL OPERATIONS & ENGINEERING TEAM
The Global Operations & Engineering (Ops & Eng) department is the central point of contact for
all customers receiving operational services from Eurovision, coordinating the management of
requirements and delivery for all events, transmission and media services between broadcasters,
Members, federations and Host Broadcasters.
The Operations team is responsible for delivering high quality technical solutions and achieving
ambitious operational objectives, implementing quality reliable delivery solutions, in order to
provide outstanding value and services for our customers, while managing costs to generate a
The NOC is composed of two units: Digital Media Centre (DMS) and EuroVision Control (EVC).
NOC is the global delivery service in charge of all type of transmissions through radio, video, data
and digital platforms.
EVC unit is the central point for the delivery of all transmission and media on the network to
Eurovision Media Services customers. EVC forms the most important interface to Eurovision
Services clients, with regards to the service delivery of transmissions.
Working directly with customers the Network Operations Engineer is responsible for ensuring the
coordination and execution of all signals distributed on Eurovision's network to the highest
possible standards of reliability and quality.
The Network Operations Engineer is responsible, in coordination and cooperation's with
engineers across the network, of the set-up and coordination of the transmissions in real time.
Contributing significantly to the smooth running of services across the ES network, and to the
highest quality demanded by the customers of Eurovision Services.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
• Manage the set-up and coordination of the radio and TV transmission traffic in real time.
• Act as the first level support and point of contact for equipment and the broadcast network
• Fully responsible for operating Eurovision's satellite, fibre and IP network.
• Oversee the quality of transmission signals and reports to the Senior Network
• Report any anomalies or faults in transmissions.
• Allocate resources and services to customer on a short notice basis.
• Report faults/modifications on equipment in the Eurovision Control room, or at any
important technical point across the network.
• Take the temporary measures required in order to ensure the continuity of service.
• Assessment and understanding of customer satisfaction.
• Assure a consistent and high quality of service through monitoring, and ensuring service
• Enter real transmission times used for invoicing services.
• Capture incident logs in the relevant operating system in order for follow up internally with
support teams and externally for customer reporting.
• On night shifts maintain full responsibility for network traffic and be able to take all
necessary measures to ensure continuity in the network.
• Can participate in event projects to provide technical guidance and engineering solutions.
• Can be required to take part in outside missions as a technical coordinator, engineer, and
engineer in charge.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Flexibility in working hours, including weekends and evening shifts.
• Ability to work on multiple production tasks efficiently in time critical situations.
• A striving to achieve high product quality standards.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers during operations.
• Attention to detail required for the success of complex production processes.
• Troubleshooting problems to their resolution, escalating issues and recommendations to
the product management team.
• Learning new production techniques and processes quickly and thoroughly.
• Committed team player, excellent collaboration skills.
• Proven experience with broadcast systems: Satellite communications, Fibre, Streaming.
• Proven experience with MPEG compression and multiplexing, DVB-ASI, DVB-IP.
• Proven experience with signal switching and processing. ASI/SDI matrix, standard
conversion, monitoring systems, quality assurance of video signals and able to identify
• Strong computer skills. Networking, streaming, first line maintenance.
• Project management experience desired.
• Fluent English
Please submit your application in English
University degree in Telecommunications Engineering or similar.