DEPARTMENT/SERVICE/UNIT SUMMARY AND POSITION MISSION
Eurovision Services (ES) is the premier service provider of news, sports and cultural content for the
world's top broadcast and media platforms.
The Global Operations & Engineering department is the central point of contact for all customers
receiving operational services from Eurovision, coordinating the management of requirements and
delivery for all events, transmission and media services between broadcasters, Members,
federations and Host Broadcasters.
The Global Operations & Engineering team is responsible for delivering high quality services and
achieving ambitious operational objectives, implementing quality reliable delivery solutions, to
provide outstanding value and services for our customers, while managing costs to generate a
Within the Global Operations & Engineering department the Engineering & Technology (E&T)
service is responsible for delivering high quality technical solutions while providing outstanding value
and services for our customers worldwide.
The position is part of the Operational Support Services team and is a key role for the technical
support for ES’s operations and network.
The Operational Support Services team works closely with the other services in Operations and
Eurovision Services to ensure the smooth introduction (implementation), operation, maintenance
and support of equipment, services, events and projects.
The Network Management Service is responsible of a global fiber network.
The Network Broadcast Engineer provides engineering support and expertise for all transmission
operations involving ES fibre network. She/he supports the development of technical projects related
to Fibre and supervises the specification and performance of new fibre procured by ES. She/he
monitors the continuous fibre operations on the ES network.
She/he participates on innovation activities within Ops&Eng contributing to deliver solid technical
solutions that accurately address members and customer needs. She/he helps to architect a fibre
network that is stable, secure, robust, cost-effective and scalable.
She/he is responsible for devising new technical projects and developing network facilities, while
providing active maintenance support.
She/he contributes to the smooth running, development and maintenance of the Eurovision
network and hence the quality of transmissions and services provided to customers.
She/he contributes to installation, commissioning and support in broadcast (Audio/Video), RF
(teleport/satellite), OTT/cloud environment too.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
In this role as Network Broadcast Engineer, you will be responsible of:
• Provides technical support (Level 2/ Level 3) and expertise of all transmission services and
equipment in Eurovision Service fibre network.
• Prevent all possible faults in the fibre network and has a plan ready if any of these faults occur.
• Tracks incidents and service requests in Eurovision Services ticketing system involving
Eurovision Services fibre network.
• Interfaces with suppliers to plan and execute fibre outages and maintenance works affecting
the Eurovision Services fibre network.
• Works during office hours with evenings and weekends on-call on a rotating basis to provide
L2 support on the overall Eurovision Services network (part of the standby team).
• Leads or participates in the upgrades of the existing fibre network. Advisor – Actor of the fibre
• Validate equipment and NMS new release in qualification environment before deployment in
• Recommends improvements to bring the fibre network in view of business needs.
• Updates the intranet fibre support sites and documentation.
• Installs Commission and maintain equipment for special events, including off-site.
• Part of the EnT Global Support team, Installs Commission and maintain a wide range of
equipment and platform (Telco, satellite-Teleport-RF, Broadcast-Video-Audio, OTT, cloud)
• Participates in the negotiation with fibre providers and submits proposals to the Procurement
Team to optimise costs.
• Provides support on costs and fibre performance to the Sales Team to ensure Eurovisionservices adopts the best solution.
• Consulted by Presales team on complex fibre opportunity.
• Open purchase order and follow them with CAS team
• As product owner, follow evolution/migration of some platforms with IT-infrastructure ,
Security, and other team
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 10 years of experience in network or a similar environment.
• Strong background in Fibre Optics communications: Optical Link components, cabling,
connectors, network configuration.
• Experience working with NetInsignt, Infinera and Nevion VideoIPath are a plus.
• Network certification
• Core Expertise in Optical Links Design and Network Architecture.
• Experience in Product / Service Development: Electronics, Software Development, Signal
Processing and design.
• Project management experience and/or certification.
• Excellent team player attitude.
• Excellent customer and services orientations.
• Experienced in Broadcast Services.
• Strong Technical knowledge of the TV industry.
• Experience on broadcast environment (Video/Audio)
• Experience with Satellite / RF / Teleport
• Experience with OTT/cloud-based environment and cloud network are a plus
• Script and small development competences are a plus
Master’s degree in engineering.
ONCE ON BOARD YOU WILL
• Be part of an outstanding multi-cultural and international team.
• Get involved in Tier-1 media projects with impact and visibility.
• Enjoy our technology hub, designed to foster a culture of sharing, openness and
• Work in a start-up culture that has a consolidated business behind it.