Who we are and what we do
Audinate leads the world in networked media with our "Dante" technology which is used extensively in professional audio & video applications, including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communications systems.
Dante replaces all audio and video connections with a computer network, effortlessly sending video or hundreds of channels of audio over slender Ethernet cables with perfect digital fidelity. Adopted by hundreds of manufacturers in thousands of products, Dante is the de facto standard for modern AV connectivity.
You’ll find us in the largest companies and institutions like NFL Media Headquarters, Microsoft, major universities and even a 900-year-old cathedral featured in Harry Potter.
About the role
You will be the face of Audinate in Japan and manage our relationships with key audio and video customers as well as with our reseller channels. As the most senior member of our Japan team, you will develop and execute our Go-to-Market and sales strategy in Japan while working in concert with the sales engineering, customer support and marketing teams in Japan and elsewhere.
- Establish and execute Audinate’s sales strategy in Japan to build and grow Audinate’s presence and achieve business targets. Gather market data and identify untapped market potential.
- Recruit, onboard, and develop a results-focused sales team and cross functional resources; foster a successful and positive team environment.
- Manage key Japanese OEM accounts and win new AV accounts
- Educate team on significant industry factors including competitive products, trends, customer needs, and pricing.
- Work cross-functionally with sales leaders, marketing and product teams to develop go-to-market strategies and execution. Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations and quarterly business reviews.
- Prepare forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans.
- Establish and report on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary.
- Ensure that the regional sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate bookings and revenue goals.
What we're looking for
- 15+ years of experience in selling technical solutions, managing accounts, with progressive experience in managing other salespeople and/or technical resources
- Experience in professional audio, video, conferencing and/or professional AVoIP industry with good understanding of AVoIP networking technology
- University graduate preferably in any subject related to the AV industry or engineering
- You must have a “hunter” mentality and be comfortable reaching out to new customers in new areas and selling new solutions
- Excellent communication skills with experience presenting to executive level customers
- Reside in the Tokyo area and with the ability to travel throughout the country as needed
- Demonstrated progressive sales leadership and operations experience within the AV or an adjacent industry
- Strong experience with Salesforce, and building trackable, repeatable sales processes
- Experience building and managing sales teams in Japan; proven record of recruiting and enabling top talent
- Experience working closely with Japanese reseller partners
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding performance objectives (pipeline targets, revenue targets, new customer acquisition targets, etc.)
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on your own or as a member of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and with a challenging workload
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values: Excellence, Courage, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork
- Fluency in Japanese and English business level
What you’ll experience with us
With us, your ambition extends as far as our reach. Working alongside experts and enthusiasts from different backgrounds, you’ll refine your skills as we define our products. We’ll experience and share a purpose we can see and hear as we pioneer the future of AV together.
In addition to a competitive salary, commission and equity incentive plan, you’ll experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working through to volunteering leave.