Thank you for considering the Senior Director, Commercial Audio Partnerships role with Moonbug Entertainment, an award-winning global entertainment company inspiring kids everywhere to laugh, learn and grow. The company is behind some of the biggest kids’ entertainment brands in the world including CoComelon and Blippi. Moonbug believes every child should have access to our entertaining and enriching content, which is why our shows are available on more than 150 video platforms globally including Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer and YouTube Kids. Moonbug is also a global leader in pre-school music and audio experiences, available on 100+ audio platforms globally. Moonbug brands extend far beyond the screen to include streaming music, toys, games, books, live events, and even theme park exhibits.
Moonbug is part of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises.
Moonbug Entertainment is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Director of Commercial Audio Partnerships to join our team. Reporting directly to the Head of Music, you will be instrumental to our growth strategy and be responsible for driving revenue for Moonbug’s audio business.
This person will work onsite at our Los Angeles location.
- Lead Moonbug’s commercial audio efforts achieving and exceeding revenue targets through effective planning and execution
- Create new innovative audio products to meet an evolving kids & family audio market
- Identify, negotiate, and close revenue generating partnership opportunities for Moonbug’s audio business (new and existing catalog)
- Participate in budget & forecast processes and maintain responsibility for achieving KPI’s set for the business
- Build and maintain relationships with key strategic partners globally
- Licensing of Moonbug’s vast audio library, commissioning of new content and strategic partnerships with 3rd parties focused on music & audio
- Evaluate new opportunities, provide strategic direction, and secure buy-in from internal and external executives
- Grow existing strategic partnerships; identify new areas of collaboration and revenue opportunities with high value partners
- Identify and monitor emerging trends and new technologies
- Expand Moonbug’s Podcasting, Audio Experiences, Audiobook, Stories, and Radio business globally
- Collaborate with CMO, GMs, territory leads, and other internal team leads to align sales efforts with overall business objectives.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including content, marketing, and legal, to ensure seamless execution of commercial audio initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Music Business, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in business development, partner management, or a related role within the entertainment industry (prior Children’s entertainment experience a plus but not required)
- Be an entrepreneurial commercial leader with a proven track record of exceeding revenue targets
- Experience successfully managing other team members
- Demonstrated success in cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with partners.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret performance metrics, identify trends, and inform strategic decision-making.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and contribute to a positive and dynamic work environment.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Wellness Resources
- Salary: $140K - $225K