Job Title: Coordinator
Reporting to: Scheduling Supervisor
Location: 316-318 Latimer Road, London, W10 6QN
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 09.00 – 18.00. 40 hours/week. Some out of hours/overtime maybe required
Visual Data have offices in London, Los Angles and Bangalore. We’re heavily involved in digital media. We ingest, post, process, localize and deliver thousands of premium TV programs and films to broadcasters and high-profile video on demand platforms globally.
We are also the safe custodians of our client’s intellectual property. With a strong focus on media asset management (SaaS) and internal automation we’re looking for the right person to orchestrate our business systems to elevate our company into the top tier of global media supply chain.
About the role:
We are looking for a Coordinator to join VDMS to help the Scheduling Team organise staff and facilities to cope with a high volume of work. A Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the smooth running of the post production process. They support the department heads to ensure there is clear, up to date communication between departments and track progress to show ‘scheduled, in-progress and completed’ work across all departments. A Coordinator ensures that workflows from one department to the next is as seamless as possible as well as responding to issues as they arise and problem solving with the department heads.
Full, onsite training will be given on all the systems you need to use.
- Responsible for the day to day monitoring and scheduling of work orders.
- Ownership of the service/task queue assignments and responsible for ensuring due dates are completed
- Assignment of tasks and resources to technical operators
- Monitor resources and staffing for each department
- Fielding of all department correspondence regarding delivery/receiving requests
- Identify and highlight potential capacity and resource issues to department line management
- Ensure that all potential scheduling conflicts and issues are resolved efficiently
- Work directly with managers to ensure operators are following the schedule and that work order statuses are updated in a timely manner
- Regularly liaise with Line Management and Account Managers to ensure that all work is adequately scheduled and relay any information regarding issues and potential delays.
- Collaborate with Line Management and Account Managers in resolving deadline related issues, towards a timely resolution
- Maintain an awareness of Visual Data’s clients core challenges, SLA’s and internal workflows
- Liaising with LA office to coordinate global jobs and resources
- Represent and uphold all department policies and procedures and maintain an exceptional level of service
- Attend and at times lead daily Scheduling meetings held with Account Managers and Operations Line Management
- Work closely with the Head of Operations and Director of Client Services to identify and recommend improvements in scheduling procedures and systems
- Ensure documentation is maintained, kept up-to-date and circulated to Management
- Be technically conversant in our scheduling and monitoring systems be able to deal with any questions or issues that may arise from staff.
- Regularly liaise with the HOD’s to relay any information regarding issues and potential delays to jobs.
- +1 year in a post-production or media distribution environment
- Deadline oriented with strong attention to details
- Experience planning and managing priorities
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment