About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Group CFO to be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and management board with overall responsibility and management for all group wide finance [and HR] teams.
The successful candidate will have CFO / Finance Director / Senior Financial Controller experience across similar mid-market / large corporate businesses and be a qualified accountant. Industry experience will be advantageous but not essential. What is essential are strong leadership, interpersonal skills and robust commercial experience to work with the SLT and existing teams to develop and drive the Group through the next phase of its exciting journey.
Principal aspects of the role are to provide strategic and financial guidance to the shareholders, Directors and SLT as well as developing all aspects of financial management / forecasting and leading all financial stakeholder relationships as well as development and oversight of internal control policies and procedures alongside the Group Financial Controller.
- Lead and develop the short / medium term integrated financial forecasting models / annual operating plans working with finance and commercial teams
- Oversight and ownership of full integrated management reporting packs for all group entities with a core focus on P&L, BS, cashflows as well as MI reporting and operational efficiency – reporting to be targeted to SLT and shareholders as well as all financial stakeholders
- Oversight and presentation of monthly results to SLT, shareholders and all key financial stakeholders
- Leadership / management of monthly, quarterly and annual budgets and forecasts including driving cost and efficiency savings across the Group
- Prepare for statutory audits and tax returns including collaborating with external auditors and tax teams to ensure compliance with all regulations
- Principal point of contact / management of all key financial stakeholder relationships across the group, including main bank as well as invoice and asset finance connections
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures as well as internal audit programmes to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the group
- Joint oversite with Commercial teams of external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best commercial terms and value to the Group
- Create suitable operational performance measurement tools
- Improve month end and general operational efficiency through creation of standardised management reporting packs and automated reports
- Oversight and ownership of regulations and legislation
- Present and manage reporting to the SLT, shareholders and financial stakeholders on all financial and borrowing base matters
- Manage direct reports
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership experience / interpersonal skills at a senior level within a mid-market / large corporate entities or direct from profession with a proven track record of working in these bandwidths
- Critical thinking and proven problem-solving skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- An understanding of data privacy standards
- Advanced excel and accounting system experience
- Knowledge of the industry is an advantage but not essential
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Travel insurance
- Gym Membership
This is a hybrid working role (with a minimum of 3 days a week at the Groups main Ealing based facilities) and you MUST be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role (unfortunately we cannot sponsor anyone).