Thank you for considering the Manager, Commercial Strategy & Analysis role with Moonbug Entertainment, an award-winning global entertainment company inspiring kids everywhere to laugh, learn and grow. The company is behind some of the biggest kids’ entertainment brands in the world including CoComelon and Blippi. Moonbug believes every child should have access to our entertaining and enriching content, which is why our shows are available on more than 150 video platforms globally including Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer and YouTube Kids. Moonbug is also a global leader in pre-school music and audio experiences, available on 100+ audio platforms globally. Moonbug brands extend far beyond the screen to include streaming music, toys, games, books, live events, and even theme park exhibits.
Moonbug is part of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises.
This role reports into the Director, Strategy & Commercial Analysis with a strong dotted line into the Commercial Finance Department based in our HQs in London. The ideal candidate will be asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties and must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level management. They must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
This role will report full-time ON-SITE at our Los Angeles Office.
- Be a critical thought partner to the US commercial team, providing analyses to inform business development decisions and deal negotiations. You will work closely alongside the Managing Director of Americas, the GMs for CoComelon and Blippi, and the Head of Brand Partnerships.
- Evaluate commercial opportunities, such as new content investments, greenlight models, distribution deals, brand partnerships and new business models / opportunities.
- Analyze business performance and KPIs (e.g., viewership/watchtime, monetization) and make actionable recommendations based on the findings.
- Study the business and industry and keep up with the economic trends as well as preparing competitor analysis, market trends and associated commentary to senior management.
- Develop insightful presentations that summarize these analyses, provide recommendations and facilitate decision-making for senior management.
- Partner with Department heads to build and present budgets and forecasts.
- Support the Finance team with revenue tracking and developing near- and long-term P&L and cash flow forecasts.
- 4-year degree in a relevant field with strong academic performance. MBA preferred but not required.
- 3+ years experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis.
- Experience in management consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy or financial planning & analysis at a media/entertainment company.
- Proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis, analytical modeling and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
- You must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously.
- Superior proficiency with Excel and complex financial modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presenting to senior management.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Wellness Resources
- Salary: $130k-$150k
Apply for this job