Thank you for considering the Director, Distribution (North America) role with Moonbug Entertainment, an award-winning global entertainment company inspiring kids everywhere to laugh, learn and grow. The company is behind some of the biggest kids’ entertainment brands in the world including CoComelon and Blippi. Moonbug believes every child should have access to our entertaining and enriching content, which is why our shows are available on more than 150 video platforms globally including Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer and YouTube Kids. Moonbug is also a global leader in pre-school music and audio experiences, available on 100+ audio platforms globally. Moonbug brands extend far beyond the screen to include streaming music, toys, games, books, live events, and even theme park exhibits.
Moonbug is part of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises.
The Director of Distribution (North America) at Moonbug Entertainment will be responsible for driving awareness, affinity and revenue growth by developing and executing a comprehensive distribution strategy for the company's content in North America. The ideal candidate will have experience in content distribution, licensing, and business development, with a deep understanding of the kids' entertainment market in North America. They will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key partners such as Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Peacock and Roku, as well as identifying new distribution opportunities.
This role reports onsite at our Los Angeles location.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive distribution strategy for the company's content in North America
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners, including streaming platforms, broadcasters, channels and service providers.
- Identify and pursue new distribution opportunities in North America
- Negotiate and close licensing and distribution deals with partners
- Monitor and analyze distribution performance to identify areas for growth and improvement
- Collaborate with the creative and production teams to ensure that all content is optimized for distribution
- Stay up-to-date on market trends and developments in the kids' entertainment industry in North America
- Work closely with the legal team to negotiate licensing agreements and ensure they meet legal standards and guidelines
- Manage budgets and forecasts for distribution revenue in North America
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all projects are completed on time and on budget
- 10+ years of experience in content distribution, licensing, and business development, with some experience in the kids' entertainment industry preferred
- Strong knowledge of the North American entertainment market, including streaming platforms, broadcasters and channels.
- Experience negotiating and closing licensing and distribution deals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key partners
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze distribution performance and identify areas for growth and improvement
- Experience working towards and hitting revenue targets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Passion for kids' entertainment and the digital media industry
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Strong track record of success in content distribution, licensing, and business development
- Experience working with broadcasters, streaming platforms, and in North America
- Knowledge of industry-standard workflows and best practices for content distribution
- Experience managing budgets and forecasts for distribution revenue
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Wellness Resources
- Salary: $130K-$150K