Moonbug is a next generation entertainment company that has cemented itself in the children's media space. Would you like to be part of the next frontier of inspiring and engaging stories to kids around the world?
Founded in 2018, with primary offices in London and Los Angeles, Moonbug creates, produces, and publishes thousands of minutes of video and audio content every month with the goal of teaching compassion, empathy, and resilience. We are a fast-paced global company and have already grown to become the largest kids’ entertainment company on digital platforms in the world. Some of our existing titles include global sensations CoComelon, Blippi, Little Baby Bum, Morphle, Supa Strikas, ARPO and many more which are available in 32 languages and can be viewed on more than 100 platforms globally.
Moonbug is part of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises. Candle is run by leading entertainment executives Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs and backed by investment capital from funds managed by Blackstone’s flagship private equity business.
Moonbug is seeking a Management Accountant to support the growing Finance team. This role is based in our London office in the heart of Camden Town. At Moonbug, you will be working with some of the biggest brands in family entertainment; this is an exciting role and opportunity for someone looking to media industry.
You will be responsible for overseeing the Licensing and Merchandising revenue stream for some of the biggest media brands in the world. Each revenue stream has a different business model and a corresponding, often complex contract so familiarity with commercial contracts would be hugely beneficial and highly regarded.
A background in licensing and merchandising revenue would be beneficial to be a success in this role. Familiarity in managing the booking of royalty accruals, advances and guarantee shortfalls as well as invoicing and payments direct with licensees in order to accurate report revenues. In addition to this any understanding of how to deal with WHT would be a plus.
Every day is different in Moonbug. To thrive, you will have a flexible, can-do mindset, always looking at how to improve processes and do more with less to improve the speed and accuracy of revenue transactions. A background in media would help, but more important is the ability to deal with ambiguity, and a truly fast paced environment.
● Business partnering with commercial finance and legal teams in order to accurately recognise revenue on a monthly basis.
● Drive revenue accounting month-end close processes by creating and validating accruals, preparing, and posting journal entries whilst ensuring policy compliance, all to agreed timelines.
● Gain a solid understanding of business transactions and accounting flow, whilst identifying and recommending continuous improvement initiatives related to revenue processes, championing any new processes which support the departmental and organisational objectives.
● Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, accrued revenue, deferred revenue, and accrued expenses.
● Dotted line management of junior staff member
● Assistance with budgeting and forecasting across revenue streams, as required.
● Involvement in the annual audit process for the Group.
● Other ad-hoc tasks as and when these arise.
● Experience working within a fast growth business environment, and ability to prioritise tasks in a fast moving & dynamic environment.
● A solid understanding and experience with deferred and accrued revenue and cost accounting.
● Experience collaborating with professionals of all levels, from junior team members to senior management.
● Team player when needed, able to understand the bigger picture and how Finance’s inputs and outputs can affect the business.
● Proactive and hands-on achiever, with good attention to detail
● Advanced Excel skills required.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Experience working with USGAAP as well as UKGAAP would be a bonus.
● Experience working with NetSuite would be a bonus.
● Salesforce experience would be desirable.
● Part Qualified ACCA / CIMA qualified or equivalent - required.
● Experience in statutory audit process – required.
● Experience in media industry – preferred.