Who we are and what we do
Audinate leads the world in networked media with our "Dante" technology which is used extensively in professional audio & video applications, including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communication systems.
Dante harnesses the power of IT networking to make AV better, replacing the need for specialised point-to-point analogue and digital connections. With audio and video making up so much of our daily lives, we play an important role in every great audio-visual moment. The Dante technology embedded in popular AV products makes it possible for users to connect sound and vision like never before.
You’ll find us in the largest companies and institutions like the Sydney Opera House, NFL Media Headquarters, Microsoft, major universities and even a 900-year-old cathedral featured in Harry Potter.
What you’ll be working on
We are seeking a highly technical, forward-thinking educator to help us develop the next generation of Dante training based around our globally recognized audio, video, and cloud solutions.
As the Senior Technical Training Manager, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of Audinate’s standardized training and certification program throughout the United States. This includes planning training events, developing and modifying training content, and delivering training using a variety of methods such as in-person presentations, hands-on demonstrations, and remote webinars.
The existing Dante curriculum includes advanced levels of Dante and networking training, and the audience often includes customers that are using Dante today, so it is a requirement to possess a deep understanding of Dante and advanced networking concepts.
This role is based in our Portland, OR office and reports to the Director of Training and Professional Services
- Provide feedback and modify as needed all aspects of training content, including up-front course objectives, training material, training guides, assessments, and certification.
- Oversee and deliver on-going in-person training and certification sessions.
- Oversee the development and delivery of the Dante Mastery class in the U.S.
- Assist with Audinate training events both domestically and internationally
- Proven ability to create video content, including shooting, editing, adding graphics, and rendering the final output. Providing sample content during the application/interview process is strongly encouraged.
- Work with partners to plan training events and “train the trainer” sessions
- Work with Audinate’s marketing department to drive training registrations, promote events and conduct follow up with attendees
- 40% travel expected, primarily in the U.S. with occasional international travel.
Experience and skills
- Deep domain expertise with Dante, audio engineering and advanced networking
- Dante Level 1, 2, 3 (2nd Edition) and Dante Domain Manager certifications required
- A mix of audio and video experience is preferred
- Knowledge of broadcast and Pro AV technologies & standards such as PTP, SMPTE 2110 and AES67
- A high-level understanding of virtualization and cloud technologies
- AV or IT related certifications are highly desirable (CompTIA, CCNA, CTS, AWS CCP)
- Proven ability to take technical concepts and communicate them in an easy-to-understand way
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- This is an “on-camera” and “on-stage” position. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of being comfortable on camera and on-stage delivering training to large groups.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering training programs from their inception through execution
- Experience with online Learning Management Systems
What you’ll experience with us
With us, your ambition extends as far as our reach. Working alongside experts and enthusiasts from different backgrounds, you’ll refine your skills as we define our products. We’ll experience and share a purpose we can see and hear as we pioneer the future of AV together.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and equity incentive plan, you’ll experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working through to volunteering leave.