Who we are and what we do
Audinate leads the world in networked media with our "Dante" technology used extensively in professional audio / video installation including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communications systems.
Dante harnesses the power of IT networking to make AV better, replacing the need for specialised point-to-point analogue and digital connections. With audio and video making up so much of our daily lives, we play an important role in every great audio visual moment. The Dante technology embedded in popular AV products makes it possible for users to connect sound and vision like never before.
You’ll find us in the largest companies and institutions like NFL Media Headquarters, Microsoft, major universities and even a 900-year-old cathedral featured in Harry Potter.
What you’ll be working on
As part of the global OEM Support team you will provide technical design advice and support to AV equipment manufacturers and independent software vendors (ISVs) in Japan / APAC region. You will work with some of the biggest names in the AV industry who are implementing Dante audio & video solutions into their products.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer-facing experience and will possess a combination of video, embedded system, software, hardware, FPGA skills.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be a need for occasional local and international travel.
In this role you will
- Serve as the primary contact point for all technical enquiries originating from Dante licensees in the Japan & APAC region.
- Investigate, debug, provide workarounds where possible and/or escalate issues with the Audinate engineering team
- Work closely with the sales team to address OEM’s technical needs in presales activities
- Provide introductory technical training to OEM licensees on Product Development, Evaluation Kits and SDKs
- Regularly contact OEM licensees to understand and track their product development progress
You will have
- A BSc in Computer Software, Electrical Engineering, or a similar discipline
- Experience working in a customer-facing or field role, with the ability to work on multiple issues at once
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluency in Japanese and English
Preferred technical skills and knowledge
- Embedded SoCs and embedded Linux
- Video codec technologies (H 26x, JPEG2000, etc).
- High-speed video interfaces (HDMI, SDI, CSI)
- Protocols and interfaces such as SPI, UART, I²S and I²C
- FPGA platforms (Xilinx Zynq family)
- Electronics hardware design and/or board level debugging
- Ethernet & IP network fundamentals (e.g. DHCP, DNS, Subnets, VLANs, Multicast, QoS, etc.)
What you’ll experience with us
With us, your ambition extends as far as our reach. Working alongside experts and enthusiasts from different backgrounds, you’ll refine your skills as we define our products. We’ll experience and share a purpose we can see and hear as we pioneer the future of AV together.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and equity incentive plan, you’ll experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working through to volunteering leave.