Who we are:
Irdeto is the world leader in digital platform security, protecting platforms and applications for video entertainment, video games, connected transport, connected health and IoT connected industries. Irdeto’s solutions and services enable customers to protect their revenue, create new offerings and fight cybercrime effectively. With more than 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s software security technology and cyber-services protect more than six billion devices and applications for some of the world’s best-known and loved brands.
People are Irdeto’s biggest strength and diversity is celebrated through an inclusive workplace, where everyone has an equal opportunity to drive innovation and support Irdeto’s success. With a unique heritage in security innovation, Irdeto is building a secure future where people can embrace connectivity without fear.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will work in our Digital Rights Management (DRM) domain to design, implement and validate our state-of-the-art DRM solution that is used by high-end customers. You will be exposed to various tools and technologies, such as Java, Kotlin, Python, Kafka, Redis, Docker, K8s, AWS, Jenkins, Git…
In this role you will be joining our Video team. Conditional access remains key to what we do; from managing new technology implementations, combating online piracy, offering anti-cheat methods for gaming to supporting customers' demand for high-quality multi-screen experiences Irdeto deliver to a global customer base.
Your mission at Irdeto:
- Foster a professional engineering culture and help to grow our quality standards, by keeping your industry knowledge on software quality up-to-date and spread that in the organization.
- Participate in the validation of complex back-end systems, with a focus on service performance and reliability.
- Apply existing QA strategy on your and your peers’ daily lives and suggest improvements to it.
- Set an example in building an “automation first” attitude.
- Lead the introduction of new testing tools and frameworks, maintain and improve existing ones.
- Develop and maintain automated test suites, for each test level.
- Integrate the test suite execution into the CICD pipelines, together with the DevOps engineers.
- Ensure test reporting and test data management.
- Drive the load and performance testing.
- Pair programming and code reviews of the automated test cases
- Challenge old habits, bring new ideas.
How you can add value to the team?
- A BSc/MSc Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a similar field.
- Good Java and Python programming skills.
- Good automation skills and experience in at least 2 automation tools (TestNG, Selenium, Cucumber, JBehave, PyTest).
- Professional experience in test automation and test management, for large scale, high traffic, reliable background systems.
- Good mix of hands-on testing experience and a drive towards automation.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) concepts.
- Experience in assessing software quality processes (test suite management, reporting, test automation, test execution, etc.) and how to translate that into an improvement plan.
- Understanding of Scrum principles and experience with teams working under Scrum.
- Team player mentality, pro-active, quality-minded and a positive attitude.
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills.
- Experience with CI/CD tools, Jenkins or GitLab-CI.
- Experience or affinity with AWS.
- Experience or affinity with containerization (Docker, K8s).
What you can expect from us:
Irdeto is a people first organization where you can secure your future. Our values of Trust, Accountability, Agility and Innovation inform our culture. We believe in connecting people and developing careers with a strong focus on collaboration, creativity, health and happiness among our globally diverse workforce.
In addition to competitive remuneration and extensive benefits we offer:
- An international & multicultural environment where diversity and inclusivity are celebrated and embraced
- Professional educational opportunities and training program
- Innovation sabbatical
- Volunteer Day
- State of the art office space
- On the job coaching and mentoring
- Flexible work arrangements – via our Work Hard Anywhere policy.
- Some of us run city marathons and even go on snowboarding trips together!
- Casual Friday? Casual every day!
- US$ 500 net for your home office setup after you passed your trial period
- And many additional perks customized to global locations (canteen, fresh fruit, amazing coffee, parking, on-site gym, yoga room to name a few)
With over 50 successful years of business innovation behind us, and an exciting digital and connected future ahead of us, Irdeto is a progressive company to join. We are looking for people who will keep us at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Welcome to Irdeto!
Irdeto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on identity or innate characteristics, instead we aim to build a diverse, inclusive culture where your talent counts.