Who we are:
Irdeto is the world leader in digital platform security, protecting platforms and applications for video entertainment, video games, connected transport, connected health and IoT connected industries. Irdeto’s solutions and services enable customers to protect their revenue, create new offerings and fight cybercrime effectively. With more than 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s software security technology and cyber-services protect more than six billion devices and applications for some of the world’s best-known and loved brands.
People are Irdeto’s biggest strength and diversity is celebrated through an inclusive workplace, where everyone has an equal opportunity to drive innovation and support Irdeto’s success. With a unique heritage in security innovation, Irdeto is building a secure future where people can embrace connectivity without fear.
As a Pre-Sales Engineer you will provide technical leadership in the sales cycle and work closely with existing and potential customers to understand technical and business challenges that need to deal with to meet their business needs. You will apply your security and technical expertise to develop a solution based on Irdeto’s leading platform security technology, while leveraging our ecosystem of partners. This includes the preparation of creative and attractive technical proposals as part of the bid process to customers and support the Irdeto Sales and Sales Channels teams on technical and product related matters. The role is of critical value in the sales process and you will, in conjunction with the Services and Products teams, ensure that the technical solutions proposed to customers are optimal, are aligned with our product roadmap, and meet specific customer requirements. You will have close liaison with external customers, partners and with internal specialists in Irdeto Engineering, Sales and Products departments.
This is a full-time position based in Denver, America with regular on-site customer travel (up to 50%), predominantly across the America region.
Your mission at Irdeto:
- Work closely with members of the Sales & Sales Channel teams to develop sales opportunities with new customers, strategic partners and in new markets.
- Support Sales by interfacing with existing and prospective customers to determine their business and technical goals, and develop corresponding solutions based on Irdeto’s portfolio as well as the ecosystem of partners and demonstrate the solution as the best of breed and best fit.
- Prepare and deliver detailed product demonstrations and technical presentations to prospective customers and partners for various market segments.
- Support Sales activities on a technical level at exhibitions and conferences. This includes assisting with planning and the setup and presenting of demonstrations.
- Respond on time and accurately to customer questions, RFIs and RFPs and develop sound relationships with key technical players in the account.
- The writing of White Papers on complex solutions and the presentation of papers at Events/Conferences to demonstrate thought leadership.
- Provide feedback from customers to Irdeto Marketing and Products on new product feature requirements.
- Take ownership and act as the interface between customer and Irdeto functional departments to resolve complex technical sales issues.
- Work according to Irdeto quality processes and guidelines as applicable.
- Assist with business development efforts and strategic relationships.
- Contribute to business case development as required in respective market segments.
- Maintain the technical relationship with the customers.
How you can add value to the team?
- University degree in Electronic Engineering, Digital Broadcasting, IT or Telecommunications related field.
- A minimum of six years of pre-sales support or similar experience, technical product support, with consultative selling attributions.
- Experience in Media distribution over the Internet, Satellite and/or Cable; video streaming or progressive download.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of IP provisioning, IP network architecture and design. A formal Cisco or equivalent certification will be an advantage.
- Working and/or theoretical knowledge of one or more of the following will be an advantage: OTT, Watermarking, Telecommunication protocols, Mobile Communications, and MESH Networking.
- Working and/or theoretical knowledge of one or more of the following will be an advantage: Digital Rights Management (DRM), Wi-Fi and Mesh Networking.
- Experience in IOT with Wi-Fi and security fields would be a plus.
- Must be able to build strong trusted relationship with customers' management and technical staff to support and facilitate proposals or negotiations regarding system architecture, functionality, interfacing and performance characteristics.
- Will develop and maintain, an up to date and thorough knowledge of Irdeto products and their capabilities with special reference to our ability to interface these products with third party products so as to enable the design and enhancement of secure content delivery solutions.
- Must be able to identify various vertical market channels and assist the sales representative in qualifying these channels from a product perspective.
- English as first language, both written and verbal, with excellent presentation skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player with strong leadership qualities.
What you can expect from us:
Irdeto is a people first organization where you can secure your future. Our values of Trust, Accountability, Agility and Innovation inform our culture. We believe in connecting people and developing careers with a strong focus on collaboration, creativity, health and happiness among our globally diverse workforce.
In addition to competitive remuneration and extensive benefits we offer:
- An international & multicultural environment where diversity and inclusivity are celebrated and embraced
- Professional educational opportunities and training program
- Innovation sabbatical
- Volunteer Day
- State of the art office space
- On the job coaching and mentoring
- Flexible work arrangements – via our Work Hard Anywhere policy.
- Some of us run city marathons and even go on snowboarding trips together!
- Casual Friday? Casual every day!
- US$ 500 net for your home office setup after you passed your trial period
- And many additional perks customized to global locations (canteen, fresh fruit, amazing coffee, parking, on-site gym, yoga room to name a few)
With over 50 successful years of business innovation behind us, and an exciting digital and connected future ahead of us, Irdeto is a progressive company to join. We are looking for people who will keep us at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Welcome to Irdeto!
Irdeto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on identity or innate characteristics, instead we aim to build a diverse, inclusive culture where your talent counts.