Are you fascinated by the rapidly changing and evolving world of streaming and OTT Technology? If you are keen to take the next step in your Broadcast career helping to support new technologies, working with unique and diverse platforms then this is the time to get involved with DAZN!
The Senior Workflow Integrations Engineer will be part of a dynamic team developing and maintaining media file workflow systems. Reporting to the Senior Workflow Integrations Engineer, the Workflow Development Engineer will work closely with their senior, Broadcast Post Projects Engineers & Workflow Support Engineers.
The department in which this role is located is responsible for defining all post production (non-live) file based video and audio workflows from ingest through to global distribution. Operating in a 24/7 broadcast environment, Central Engineering teams are responsible for support and maintenance of automated file-based platforms which cover most audio/video related parts of the chain from signal acquisition through to edit and on-demand delivery.
The role is well suited to workflow engineers with a broadcast background or transcode specialists looking to build their skills and experience across broadcast, newsroom and OTT workflows.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of orchestration, workflow engines, transcode and file-based distribution systems as well as audio and video codecs and formats. Experience with MAM platforms and Post Production automated workflows is required
In addition to the above skills the role will requires experience in scripting and API integration. Knowledge of Ruby, Python, Bash/Shell, XML, and Json required, & C# a bonus.
The successful candidate must be passionate about Broadcast/IT engineering, and internet related media technologies.
As our new Workflow Development Engineer, your key deliverables will include:
- Design workflows and test in virtual environment
- Develop and integrate central broadcast engineering platforms.
- Create and update operational documentation & training resources and train operational and support staff...
- Communicate with and provide technical assistance to operational-to-operational staff!
- Perform maintenance and periodic review of key systems and workflows!
- Manage the delivery of projects and user acceptance testing!
Essential Requirements: You’ll be set up for success if you have the following experience and understanding:
- Workflow Automation – Aspera Orchestrator, Ruby & Python programming language, XML workflows
- Video encoding & File transcoding – AWS Elemental MediaConvert, Vantage, FFmpeg, Amberfin, Content Agent, Aspera Faspex
- File Distribution – Aspera HST, Aspera Faspex, Signiant
- Experience of IP contribution Mpeg Transport Streams / RTP
- Linux operating system (CentOS, RedHat)
- AWS (or other cloud service providers)
- Databases / database design (SQL or NoSQL)
- Coding & Scripting - Ruby, Python, Bash/Shell, XML, and Json
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of Windows Domain Security and Active Directory
- Experience with MVC design patten to enable full stack development.
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes, docker-compose)
- Knowledge and experience with GitHub (branching strategies, repo management, Github Actions)
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.