Who we are and what we do
Audinate leads the world in networked media with our "Dante" technology which is used extensively in professional audio & video applications, including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communication systems.
Dante harnesses the power of IT networking to make AV better, replacing the need for specialised point-to-point analogue and digital connections. With audio and video making up so much of our daily lives, we play an important role in every great audio visual moment. The Dante technology embedded in popular AV products makes it possible for users to connect sound and vision like never before.
You’ll find us in the largest companies and institutions like the Sydney Opera House, NFL Media Headquarters, Microsoft, major universities and even a 900-year old cathedral featured in Harry Potter.
What you’ll be working on
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will help shape the future direction of quality for our products, in a collaborative Agile environment by working closely with Engineering and Product Delivery teams to ensure successful project completion
You will be responsible for designing and implementing functional, performance, integration, load, and end-to-end tests, and will work at both UI and API levels. You will be an experienced QA Automation Engineer, with the ability to figure out how to test functionality, write thoughtful automated and manual test cases, and have excellent programming skills to implement automation.
How we work
We collaborate in-person every week and have some flexibility to work from home. We also work remotely alongside engineering colleagues in the UK, Belgium and Australia.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents
- Identify the testing scope for the project and define effective test approaches
- Execute test cases, identify, record and track bugs
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Co-ordinate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers)
- Execute functional and regression tests
- Build & enhance automation frameworks
- Create continuous test pipe lines in the CI systems
- Analyse the test failures and debug failures (generate logs, stacktrace etc)
- Set up the infrastructure needed for testing (automated and manual)
- Work closely with development and project management teams to ensure project timelines are met
- 5+ years industry experience.
- BSc, BE, or ME in related scientific or engineering discipline.
- Experience working closely with development and product teams to communicate progress/dependencies and to understand business requirements.
- Experience in agile development methodologies with continuous integration(Jenkins, TeamCity or similar)
- Hands on experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Test equipment such as Oscilloscope/Logic Analysers, Digital Multimeter, JTAGs, DC PSUs etc.
- Experience with hardware communication protocols (I2C, I2S, SPI, UART, Ethernet, USB)
- Understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, configuration of switches, leverage tools like wireshark
What you’ll experience with us
With us, your ambition extends as far as our reach. Working alongside experts and enthusiasts from different backgrounds, you’ll refine your skills as we define our products. We’ll experience and share a purpose we can see and hear as we pioneer the future of AV together.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and equity incentive plan, you’ll experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working through to volunteering leave.