"We are looking for a keen and motivated Operational Resilience Lead to drive, deliver and implement all aspects of Operational Resilience, primarily in the field of Business Continuity (BC), but also Crisis Management and Emergency Response, across all areas of the business and our markets," Tamara Kaye, Group Head of Ops Resilience
What you'll do:
• Embed a resilient attitude in the business by leading the business continuity capability, alignment and awareness, facilitating the markets locally by promoting our Group strategy, policies and processes
• Responsible for testing business continuity capabilities through exercising, identifying critical gaps in response capability and close them
• Strive for continuous improvement, challenging and enhancing existing resilience arrangements, through innovative and creative thinking and consideration of methods in delivery and building capability
• Be part of the team responsible for implementing operational resilience across Sky; helping deliver strategies focused on protecting the organisation and delivering positive customer experiences
• Develop and manage relationships with key partners and be agile in aligning our approach to the requirements of the business
• You will facilitate collaborative and clear ways of working between stakeholders e.g. suppliers, partners, demand collaborators and industry bodies
• Support and add new value to Sky’s future while maintaining industry leading performance; provide expertise across a varied risk portfolio; provide quick response when needed;
• Be ready to respond in the role of Crisis Coordinator if there is a live crisis
What you'll bring:
• Strong experience in Business Continuity - planning and exercising
• Excellent programme management and planning skills, with strong experience in operational resilience, BC or Risk Management
• You have an excellent understanding of how resilience enables an organisation and are able to demonstrate the value it adds, its relationship with health & safety, physical security, information security and piracy
• You are confident in challenging the norm, ensuring standards are fit for purpose and work for the business
• You have excellent communication skills with the ability to interface at all levels; confident, capable and credible in front of senior partners
• You work effectively in a team environment; building productive partnerships with colleagues, customers, business partners, and stakeholders in order to achieve targeted business results
• Experience leading a number of projects simultaneously using relevant governance controls and measures
• You’re able to flex your approach, adapt your style and methods to get the best out of partners and our markets to successfully deliver
• The drive to work in a fast-paced organisation where there is an environment of change, complexity and multi-functional partners
‘Operational Resilience’ is Sky’s ability to prepare for, withstand and bounce back from threats and shocks. The goal of Sky’s operational resilience capability is to maintain the customer experience and to safeguard Sky’s people, business and reputation. Sky’s operational resilience model addresses the linked fields of business continuity, incident management, crisis management and emergency response.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.