You'll play a key role in helping Sky to deliver its financials, partnering with key business personnel to interpret and analyse performance, while using your influencing skills to provide recommendations on how to drive more value.
What you'll do:
- Focused on driving efficiencies and commercial benefit across the business using a suite of pioneering and innovating techniques, including and not limited to Generative AI, Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics.
- Independent data analysis using large datasets and various Big Data tools
- Deliver / support world class analysis, reporting and insight using big data to drive cost-saving/loss-reduction projects
- Identifying and supporting opportunities to optimise return on investment and EBITDA growth
- Working with colleagues and building great business partnering relationships across functions, including commercial finance, sales, marketing, data and technology
- Helping our broader finance team get even better at using data and analytics in their day-to-day work
- Manage priorities and provide support for data engineers and scientists
- Deliver detailed analysis and recommendations for commercial deals, business decision, and investment appraisals / cases
- Mentor and coach junior members of the finance team (including graduates)
What you'll bring:
- Previous experience in commercial finance, management consultancy or data science roles
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent) preferred
- A passion for using data-driven analysis to solve complex and important business problems. You will be proactive, naturally inquisitive and commercially minded.
- The ability to look at processes and datasets to identify potential opportunities to drive further efficiencies across the business
- A good understanding of key business processes across similar organisations, such as: Finance, Supply chain, Marketing, Customer Services
- The ability to clearly communicate / visualise results of complex analysis to non-technical partners
- A competent user of Tableau and/or data studio; BigQuery experience is a plus (training will be provided)
- Knowledge on statistics is a plus
- Ability to work at pace – we work in an agile, fast-moving way at Sky
- Comfortable with ambiguity – being able to provide clarity, and guide decision making
- A strong eye for detail and knowing your numbers
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place!
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences!
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.