The Content Services Specialist is responsible for checking and conforming source materials in preparation for creation of outputs including, but not limited to, Digital Cinema Packages (DCP), Interoperable Master Packages (IMP), ProRes master files, and downstream deliverables. Check and conformance may include elements related to color volume, transfer characteristics, metadata, frame rate, visual spot checks, verification of texted and textless materials, shot pickups and inserts, audio retiming, pitch correction, audio finessing and XML editing. QC of outputs may be required as needed.
Other responsibilities include testing of tools and applications, data entry related to work orders, collaboration with other departments, and providing feedback to the Project Management Team, Mastering and Content Services.
You should have a good understanding of the technical aspects of various audio/video media specifications. You should be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work as part of a team who deals with shifting priorities and workload.
· Picture and audio editing, transcoding/encoding, sound syncing, and color conversion experience is required
· Solid knowledge of film & digital file formats
· Knowledge in colorspace, aspect ratio, transfer characteristics, video and audio codecs, compression and other characteristics associated with media is required
· Familiarity and working knowledge tools and applications including, but not limited to, DVS Clipster, Colorfront Transkoder, DaVinci Resolve, Vantage, and Pro Tools are essential
· Experience in DCP and IMF is a huge plus
· Experience in a post-production finishing environment. QC experience is a plus
· Proficient with Mac OS, Windows and Linux
· Problem solver with creative and innovative approach and the ability to think outside the box
· Excellent multi-tasking & communication skills
· Passionate about quality and customer service excellence
· Ability to handle high pressure situations and sensitive information
· Ability to prioritize and manage processes to achieve deadlines whilst producing quality work
· Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
· Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques and take on new tasks
Minimum Two (2) years of experience in Postproduction environment
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience.
We offer a competitive compensation package, flexible work schedules and ample room for professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran, military, or any other legally protected status.