Thank you for considering the Senior Art Director role with Moonbug Entertainment, an award-winning global entertainment company inspiring kids everywhere to laugh, learn and grow. The company is behind some of the biggest kids’ entertainment brands in the world including CoComelon and Blippi. Moonbug believes every child should have access to our entertaining and enriching content, which is why our shows are available on more than 150 video platforms globally including Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer and YouTube Kids. Moonbug is also a global leader in pre-school music and audio experiences, available on 100+ audio platforms globally. Moonbug brands extend far beyond the screen to include streaming music, toys, games, books, live events, and even theme park exhibits.
Moonbug is part of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises.
The Senior Art Director will be responsible for maintaining, and when appropriate, evolving the visual style of the CoComelon brand. This role will influence our core YouTube and Premium Original animated and live action content, as well as our album covers, consumer products, including toys and softlines, live events and theme park exhibits, fan experiences and all marketing and promotional content. The person who fills this role must be able to effectively direct other artists and partner studios/vendors as well as produce final artwork themselves. They must have reverence for the pillars of the CoComelon brand and recognize where there are opportunities to grow brand affinity through art direction.
This role will report onsite at our Los Angeles office
- Thoroughly study and understand the CoComelon brand and projects and inspire and lead other artistic team members to achieve goals
- Oversee the implementation of established art direction throughout the life cycles of each aspect of the brand
- Manage research and development activities that support the evolving brand vision
- Lead, manage, mentor and coach all artists who touch the CoComelon brand including staff and contractors as well as partner studios/vendors.
- Oversee and provide approvals on artwork, provide thoughtful feedback, as well as drawovers/paintovers
- Expert at matching tasks to appropriate artists
- Provide exemplary artwork to clarify creative intent
- Generate artwork across areas of specialization including characters, environments, props, textures, mood inspiration, lighting guides/color scripts and paintovers, story concepts, consumer products designs and brand marketing materials
- Accountable for on time, on-budget execution and delivery of all art direction outputs
- Work closely and collaboratively with Production, Creative, L&M and Marketing leadership
- Prepare informative and illustrative decks and present effectively to Senior Leadership
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Art Director role
- Extensive art direction experience in the children's media space, ideally preschool content
- Experience art directing and/or production designing for series (feature experience a plus)
- Experience art directing for consumer products
- Visual creative marketing experience
- Must be an excellent multitasker with strong time management skills
- Possesses strong communication skills.
- Experience leading teams of various sizes
- Self-starter with a willingness to flex down and take on any and all art direction tasks
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Wellness Resources
- Salary $155K-$165K