Thank you for considering the Production Coordinator role with Moonbug Entertainment, an award-winning global entertainment company inspiring kids everywhere to laugh, learn and grow. The company is behind some of the biggest kids’ entertainment brands in the world including CoComelon and Blippi. Moonbug believes every child should have access to our entertaining and enriching content, which is why our shows are available on more than 150 video platforms globally including Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer and YouTube Kids. Moonbug is also a global leader in pre-school music and audio experiences, available on 100+ audio platforms globally. Moonbug brands extend far beyond the screen to include streaming music, toys, games, books, live events, and even theme park exhibits.
Moonbug is part of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises.
We are looking for a motivated and organized Production Coordinator with an interest in children's animation. You will be working as part of a busy, close-knit production team, coordinating all types of animation, and ad-based content. Working closely with the Creative Executives, Producers, Animation Directors, Production, and Animation Studios, as Production Coordinator, you’ll ensure that projects are on schedule and meeting production deadlines. You’ll be a key team member, overseeing the day-to-day organization of productions and communicating between all parties to ensure everything runs smoothly. You will carefully manage & liaise between internal and overseas teams while upholding communication and best practices.
This role will report on site in our Los Angeles office.
- Support animation producer in the LA Office.
- Be the POC for internal departments for delivery materials and follow up on deadlines with stakeholders.
- File/asset organization.
- Daily project status tracking.
- Provide support to the LA creative team, client success team, and channel managers as needed.
- Update spreadsheets and be able to communicate internally to key stakeholders, including with Google Slide presentations
- Tracking and inputting relevant production metadata upon delivery.
- Work closely with the UK post team to ensure the production pipeline is running smoothly.
- Support and manage the post-production process and delivery of episodes to broadcasters and SVODs from locked animation (SFX, Mixing, Score, Grade, and Mastering).
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a production or post-production company with a focus on animation and CGI. (children's animation is a plus)
- Ability to work with different time zones in particular Australia, India, Europe, and the United States.
- Good understanding of the 3D (CGI) animation pipeline and knowledge of other animation pipelines (2D, stop frame, etc).
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Suite, Frame.io (desirable), ShotGrid, Aspera Faspex, AirTable, and Monday.com as well as any other similar software that is necessary for the role.
- The ideal candidate will be personable and organized, a self-starter with the ability to remain calm in busy situations, and an interest in all aspects of productionAbility to take, vet and distribute accurate notes in a timely manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate diligent follow through to ensure information is received and meeting notes are accurate
- Self-starter with the ability to learn independently
- Ability to plan and oversee calendaring for the team.
- Must be able to organize files accordingly and exercise discretion with file sharing and permission-sharing.
- Must have clear verbal and written communication skills
- Must have proficient use of all production management software and tools, including but not limited to Shotgrid, fTrack, Monday.com, Aspera Faspex, and Google Suite.
- Ability to prioritize, update trackers/schedules accurately and communicate changes in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of the pre-production and CG production pipeline
- Accurately read and understand production schedules, recognizing systemic delays and flagging them to appropriate senior leader(s).
- Demonstrated ability to proactively work with A/PM and Associate/Producer to solve mid to high level production delays and issues.
- Proactively identifies more complex issues and partners with leadership to resolve.
- Collaborates well with the team and other departments and is the main point of contact.
- Responsible for correctly delivering all materials to partner studios and other teams inside of Moonbug
- Responsible for receiving and vetting all materials from partner studios and other teams inside of Moonbug
- Able to plan team events and carry out special projects as required
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Wellness Resources
- Hourly Rate: $24